sending sms

Status
Not open for further replies.

susannanam

hello all,

i am looking for something similar like the email list plugin. i want to send out sms to one or more contacts of a list. the cell number is in one field. the text message would be the same for all selected rows (if multiple are selected). i have a provider with a http api to send out the sms.

Has anyone done that before? how would i best approach that?

thanks for any advise
susanne

You can use a php list plugin.

There's a SMS form plugin with code to different gateways.
Have a look which gateway is "nearest" to your API (if it's just a http call I assume kapow).

hi Hugh, not really to be honest... i tried here and there, found the necessary files but am struggeling (email and sms). changing the kapow to the necessary call is no problem. but i need to select multiple rows from a list (like in the email plugin)... and then send to all of them an sms, so i somehow need to combine the two plugins. tried to copy the email plugin and adapt but could not even find it in the combobox of the available plugins...lol...

susanne

do you need to edit the text for the sms (in a popup, like the email message) or is it a fix text (always the same, maybe with row data)?

gesendet mit Tapatalk

yes troester, i need to edit the text for the sms, it is different every time i send it out. that's why i thought about the email list plugin as it works very similar, i just need to send sms instead of emails :)

It would be possible to modify the email plugin, but would be about half a days work to extend it to allow for sending SMS instead of email.

-- hugh

It would be possible to modify the email plugin, but would be about half a days work to extend it to allow for sending SMS instead of email.

-- hugh

yes, that is what i am trying ;) how much would you charge to do so? you can also email me or skype :)

I'm working on it now - got it basically working, now tidying up the code, adding all the language strings, testing various combinations of settings etc.

Perhaps you might want to talk to susannanam about contributing to the development cost?

-- hugh

Yes, I'm sure it would work with SNS. It would just need a gateway written to handle the SNS API call. Probably an hour or two.

Basically, it'll work with any notification service, with a few lines of code written for the gateway. We currently have gateways for a few of the more common SMS services, like Kapow or Twilio. Some, like Kapow, are just one line of code to insert the credentials, phone number and message into a simple URL. Others, like Twilio or Amazon SMS, require using an actual API, but typically aren't that hard to write. I've done some Amazon SDK work before, which uses the same SDK as their SNS service, and it's fairly straight forward.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back