Submit button not saving to list

Status
Not open for further replies.

bivey

The [Save] button on my form results in a 'Thank You' message and sends a confirmation email, but does not save the record to the Db or display in the list. I have searched the forum and tried setting Editor to 'none', there are no Page Breaks in the form and Bootstrap is set. A copy of the form & list I created earlier to use for csv import (with radio buttons and drop-down fields unpublished) DOES work correctly on [Save], so it appears to be something to do with the main form config. It has 3 plugins (send emails & autofill) but un-publishing them makes no difference. Any suggestions would be very welcome please.

I'm assuming its the "volunteers" list, as that matches your description for plugins, but I don't want to test adding anything to it as the site seems to be live. Let me know if it's OK to test ...

-- hugh

thank you Hugh. The site is live, but with test data. The form is 'Volunteer' the list is 'Volunteers'. We really appreciate your help.

Thanks for looking Hugh - but why does it not save in the front, as that is what a public user will be using?

I just tried on the front end (Hugh Test), it added OK.

Can you confirm for me a way of submitting something which will fail?

-- hugh

Thank you for asking that Hugh! I discovered that the submit works for 'public' but not for those logged in, even though access levels is set to allow 'add' for public. It appears there may be an error somewhere in my ACLs - strange that it fails for even even Super User

I made volunteers_copy 'public' (just in case) and checked that the 'volunteer entry form' menu is pointing to 'volunteer' form (not the copy), and re-built the menu. Still same problem - [submit] works OK for 'public' user but not for those logged in. However, if you access the menu item 'Volunteers copy (for import)' and then '+Add' from there, submit does work for me as a Super User (I added the copy to the front menu for testing purposes - it was not intended for use other than csv import of test data some time ago)
Hugh, as we will not be importing any more volunteers via csv, I am happy to delete the 'volunteers_copy' list/group/form. Is that likely to help - or cause other problems, given that the main 'volunteers' form elements are the parent, AND a few changes to/new elements have been made since? Our next step once the site works, will be to ask last year's 400 volunteers to register (submit a form) again for the next event. Otherwise, the issue appears to be ACL related. Thank you again

Been doing lots of testing. Tried activating the [Update] button on the form, as it is supposed to 'submit' but return to the same form. It returns a 'thank you' message, but then returns an error - "cannot find the record".

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-21_14-27-17.png
    upload_2015-8-21_14-27-17.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 176
SOLVED! I deleted the COPY of the List/form and presto, the original form now works correctly. No idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back