Calendar visualization popup window showing wrong event data

david_M

I have been trying to get the calendar visualization working and believe I almost have it. I am able to link the calendar to the data table and the events display properly on the calendar.

When I click on an event, a nice popup window with the event details opens. However, when I click on the small x in the upper right corner of the window to close it (it closes), then click on another event on the calendar, the popup window opens again, this time still showing the data from the first event I had clicked on.

From this point, I can continue opening and closing the popup, and it always shows data lagging one click behind. So the third time I open the popup, it displays data from the second event that had been clicked on, and so forth. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I notice that if I refresh the page in the browser, the first popup window that I open after the refresh always displays the correct data, but the second time the popup is opened, and all subsequent times, the data is one behind.

Anyone else notice similar behavior? Any workarounds? I am using Joomla 3.3.6 and the latest version of Fabrik. Any help would be appreciated.

Confirmed.
With calendar setting "Show full details" = yes every (but the first) event click is opening the details view of the event clicked before.
If the popup isn't closed an new click won't open anything.

I'm sorely tempted to just take a day or two out from support, get my head down and just build a new calendar viz using FullCalendar ... every minute I spend fixing the old one is a minute wasted ...

-- hugh

little bump... I've the same problem. News?

fullcalendar is nice, but I'm so close to the goal...

The step I need is to refresh the calendar every time i click to popup an event.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have found a little workaround. It's not very elagent, but... it works for me.
Tell me what you think about.

I've edited ../media/com_fabrik/js/window-min.js

and added a refresh of the page when the popup X is clicked.
This is the code: window.location.reload() and where I've put it:
... deleteButton:function(){var a=function(d){this.close(d);window.location.reload()}.......}

It refreshes the page and the next event you click is always the first, so you have the right one.

It's slow, yes... but it works.

One thing: I've modified the min JS, but what compiles the JS in -min.js? I suppose it's not properly right what i've done, but what is the good way to insert that command?

Hello guys, I?ve implemented the paolotemptest workaround?s and it worked in the way that he told. Very thanks paolo for your post.

I hope that this issue can be solved as soon as possible, I?m need it on a scale of 1 to 10, an 8, my life not depends on it, but close to it.

I really like fabrik, its an excelent tool. Thank you guys for build such an amazing tool.

:)

I have a new calendar viz in testing, which uses Full Calendar, http://fullcalendar.io/. It's about 80% done. I'll be committing it to github fairly soon, so people can start testing it. I'm not going to be doing any more work on the existing calendar viz, as it needs to be replaced, and any time I spend on it is just taking time away from the much better replacement.

Just FYI, the javascript for the new version is 280 lines of very simple code, versus 1800 lines of insanely complex code for the current one! It's mostly just simple setup of Full Calendar, and providing the callbacks to pass event information around on clicks. It no longer has to build and render the entire calendar.

-- hugh

Last edited:
I hope that this issue can be solved as soon as possible, I?m need it on a scale of 1 to 10, an 8, my life not depends on it, but close to it.

I really like fabrik, its an excelent tool.

Anything above a 7, we typically appreciate a subscription, as a contribution to keeping development going. ;)

Thank you guys for build such an amazing tool.

:)

You're welcome. :)

-- hugh

Hi hugh, thanks for your response. What you comment on the post sounds very interesting and I am very excited to read as good news. I recently signed up to support the project , hopefully this little grain of sand will be helpful to you.
;)

Last edited:
The workaround that I've implemented seems to work fine, no more problems. But I've only put a band-aid on a broken leg.

Many thanks to cheesegrits for your work

Hi, any update on this? I have a project I have to start working on these days and realy would like build it on the Full calendar instead of using old code :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back