Filtering not empty fields in advanced search

sakyildiz

In list view advanced filter window, there is an option to filter empty records (IS EMPTY condition) but i can't find a condition to filter not empty fields. FIELD NOT EQUALS '' does not work.

I didn't say we'd do it, just that that's what would be needed. We can't really implement feature requests in Community support.

-- hugh

Ok, sorry for misunderstanding. I've thought that this was not a special request and might be helpful for a lot of fabrik users. I hope that you implement it someday. Till then i have to find a solution myself. Thank you for your reply anyway.

Yes, it probably would be useful. But everything we add, we think would be useful, or we wouldn't add it. But as this is open source software, the only way it gets funded is through subscriptions. Much as we would like to implement every new feature request for free, we have to balance that against providing added value for subscribers, otherwise nobody would subscribe. And at the end of the day, if it's not worth $20 to you, it's not worth the 20 minutes of my time to code it up. A product is only worth what people are prepared to pay, and in this case the "product" is my time, which is the only thing I have to sell. I don't mean that to sound harsh, it's just an economic reality - this is how I pay my rent and put food on the table.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be an ass, just explaining how we keep Fabrik alive, and how features get added.

-- hugh

I am a doctor and use joomla and fabrik to manage an electronic patient record site which is totally free for health care professionals. Also it takes my time to maintain this site. In additon, i have to pay for the hosting. However, I have my own profession to put food on the table and so I do not expect any profit from the website. I also developed and published many MS Windows medical applications, all of them totally free. Now i decided that it is time to make some web based work, and choose joomla and fabrik as developing platform. I did many customizations to your codes and now editing com_fabrik/models/list-advanced-search.php or maybe some other files is always possible for me. I just thought that the aforementioned modification should be readily available to everyone using fabrik so i wrote it to forum. You guys all are doing great job. Now I'm looking for a financial source to donate or subscribe to fabrik though I do not think that I will need very much support, but it will be a way to appreciate your efforts. Thank you.

Apologies if I sounded snippy, I didn't intend to be. It's just a difficult balance for us. Obviously a lot of people who use Fabrik are working on non-profit or very low budget projects. But $20 for a month (or whatever it is in Euros these days) isn't much, and every little helps.

I happened to be in that code anyway, working on something else, so I added it ...

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/000fd287c55ca8ce52d9bb35e38ef3c7cdc0a528

Remember not to cherry pick commits, always do a full github update.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back