Is the Twitter form plugin working?

Also something of note: The "user" and the "OAuth secret token" fields are not populated in the back-end form plugin settings.. are they supposed to be once you authorize the app?

Last edited:
Yes, they are supposed to be filled in.

OK, I think I see what is happening.

Can you try authorizing again, but this time DON'T save the form after the popup comes back and says it's been authorized. Instead, just close that popup, and reload the main page.

I think what's going on is that when I tested, I just authorized, then tried my front end form, and it worked. When you close that popup, it's supposed to set the fields on the form. But since that code was written, browsers have tightened up on security, and because it think Twitter opened that popup, it won't let it update fields on the main page. Which is OK if you don't save the form, because we've already stored those values in the database. But if you save the form, with those fields empty, it overwrites them.

Anyway .. try those instructions, it should work.

Meanwhile I'll try and fix it so it does save.

-- hugh

Just so you know (can't remember if we covered this) ... if you don't fill those out on the backed with your details, it will automatically ask the user to authenticate with Twitter on form submit, and use their credentials.

-- hugh

We have documentation?? LOL.

I just mentioned it as sometimes that's how people want it to work, and it's not immediately obvious.

-- hugh

And when you have well over 100 plugins, in addition to the core code, and it's just two of you doing the development, and one of you spends a lot of his day doing forum support ...

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back