Problem setting ACL

mzanotto

Hi,
I need the following:
Articles-A have to be viewed only by group-A-regitered members and edited only by group-A-author members
Articles-B have to be viewed only by group-B-regitered members and edited only by group-B-author members
Articles-C have to be viewed only by group-C-regitered members and edited only by group-C-author members

So i created a list called "Articles" with the default ACL settings then I copied it and renamed in "Articles-A", "Articles-B", "Articles-C"

I created the following joomla user groups with their respectively Access Level:
-- Registered
| -- group-A-registered
| | -- group-A-author
| -- group-B-registered
| | -- group-B-author
| -- group-C-registered
| | --- group-C-author

Set ACL of Articles-A (Articles-B and Articles-C use the same logic) to:
  • View list, View records: group-A-registered
  • Edit, Add, Delete, Empty: group-A-author
Add some records with different auhors
then i created a menu item to show "Articles-B" list

.... NOW the issue .....
if i logged in as a member of group-B-registered i see even "Articles-A" and "Articles-C" records

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you

Sounds like you aren't quite understanding how J! access levels work.

You'll need an Access Level for for each of your -registered and -author groups, which only have that group in them.

-- hugh

Thank you for your reply, as I told in my first post I created "joomla user groups with their respectively Access Level" meaning that for each group I created one access level only for that.

But it doesn't work correctly
Max

So i created a list called "Articles" with the default ACL settings then I copied it and renamed in "Articles-A", "Articles-B", "Articles-C"
So all lists are linked to the same underlying DB table and all contain the same records.

Everybody who has list view access can see all records of this list (the element (=columns) shown in list view).
View/edit record access is only restricting the details/form view.

If you want to hide records in list view you have to set a prefilter
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/pre-filters/

Hi,
Can you please guide me on how to solve this requirement:
Description: I have a table to save list of agriculture product (Id, Name, Cat, Description, User_ID)
Requirement:
I have User1, ... Usern belonged to a group named Farmer and Other user belonged to Agriculture Authority.
Management procedure that I would like to apply as following:
+ User 1.... n can only view and edit products they have created.
+ Agriculture Authority can view, edit products belonged to many user and of other Group of farmer as well.
So how should I do with User_ID?
Currently, I make this User_ID linked to the logged user with pre-filter (equal to {$my->id}). However, this only allow an user to see what he/she created but not other.
Please advice me with thanks.
Yours very faithfully
Dang DInh Ngoc

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back