Search results

1. K

How to Add a Button with link to new form in a Table

Thanks I will try it out. I appreciate your time on this. Andrew
  2. K

Hmm got weird error: pat-Error A subtemplate is only allowed in a TMPL tag in table/StudentTMPL2.html on line 80 I tried a lot of different things and most have not worked. Is there a guide to the template tags? Just curious. Thanks,
  3. K

Table Templates (Modification Question)

<a href="index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=66&student_id[value]=<mos:var name="STUDENT_INFO.STUDENT_ID" />">ORDER</a> However, looking at the standard template (which I would like to copy then modify as a different name), where could I put the above line to get it to work in...
  4. K

Can anyone answer my question as to where i can input the custom code into the general template? Thanks, Andrew
  5. K

I got it to work (with more info from this post) --> <a href="index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=66&student_id[value]=<mos:var name="STUDENT_INFO.STUDENT_ID" />">ORDER</a> However, looking at the standard template (which I would like to copy then modify as a different name)...
  6. K

How to Add a Button with link to new form in a Table (Table --> Details Table) I added the new template, and got some weird restults, just curious with some feed back: 1) My results are not coming out in table format (as normal), i probably should figure out what this data is doing then copy...
  7. K

TABLE (Auto Incrementing Key)

Yep, found that the sql was pretty easy too :) (it shows up as you do that from the pannel): ALTER TABLE `STUDENT_INFO` AUTO_INCREMENT =47 Thanks for the help.
  8. K

Sorry for clogging the forum, people may not know this (as I did not). There is a table option called (auto_increment) which is set now at 1003 (wow what a shock). I will test but probably need to reset to max + 1.
  9. K

ACK --> I just did a query in the table: SELECT max( student_id ) FROM STUDENT_INFO and it returned 1002? Ugg I will check with mysql. If anyone has a way to reset stats for mysql table please let me know. Thanks
  10. K

I have tested a few different senarios, but after seeing how the fabrik application deails with tables and it's Auto Incrementing Key I have a quick question. First, I put a value into the row_id of 1000. This is wAY above any other values in this table (say 901 is the next lowest number)...
  11. K

fabrik uses

Creating the duplicate tables works great. A little overhead if you had a lot of tables, but I understand why you do that. Can't wait until 2.0 is complete and ready as sounds like it has a lot of nice features.
  12. K

fabrik uses

Yes, this helps a lot. I always forget most of the mambots put their use in the initial install. You may want to put this into the guide as even though simple very helpful info. Thanks again
  13. K

Mr. King I have to think about what you said, but I have the same type of question, but instead of pointing to a form, I would like to point to a different table with a filter for the id or foreign key to a data set. For example, Table 1 --> Student_info Student_id first_name last_name...
  14. K

Element Database Join (Advanced)

I gave up even though I got the some of the advanced joins to work (got to use the full name of the table + columns ;)). I ended up just linking to the row_id of the LST_OF_VAL table instead of using the LOV_NUM along with the LOV_TYPE. The one think frustrating is that you have to delete your...
  15. K

I have been looking for some data about that too. Like if you click on a certain record it will go to another table or data set with just records from the foreign key column, etc.. :). I will keep playing, and let you know if I find anything close. ab
  16. K

Element Database Join (Advanced)

Hello all, I have read the manual and searched the forums, but either people not having problems on this topic or not trying what I am doing. I have a List of values table (LST_OF_VAL) and this contains many differnt list of values. Furthermore, I use this table for many other different tables...
  17. K

Turn Off Delete Option (view table)

Thanks for the input.
  18. K

Turn Off Delete Option (view table)

Is there a way to turn off the delete option when you are viewing table data? I looked through the manual (looking again after this message), but nothing I could see up front in the tables/forms/elements to turn this off? Thanks for your help
  19. K

fabrik uses

I just registered last night, and got most of the basic functionality working. However, I had a few questions for people here. From what I understand it seems that forms are for data > input, and attaching a table to a menu is for viewing the data. Does this sound like I am on the right track...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back