fabrik uses

kappazone

I just registered last night, and got most of the basic functionality working. However, I had a few questions for people here. From what I understand it seems that forms are for data > input, and attaching a table to a menu is for viewing the data. Does this sound like I am on the right track?

What I am looking more for is:

- To get custom views I should create new "tables" (not in schema, but joins) to then attach to a menu to view? Or should I do this in another way?
- I was looking for ways to put the views (table data) into content items, but not much on this (so far). I downloaded a mambot, but there was no documentation on this. I registered last night, but no documentaion on the mambots and how to use in content.

Thanks for your guidance!

Hi Andrew,

Are you still having trouble using the bots?
Descriptions for using the bot should be found in the bot iteslf.

In your Joomla admin go to Mambots and select "Site Mambots", then select the the table bot or form bot (whichever one you want to use), the syntax for adding a table or form to Joomla content can be found in this way.

Add either of these bits of code in your content page and put the appropriate form or table id where indicated. These id's can be found in either the table or form admin pages.

Table bots: Usage: {includetable table=TableNumber} where TableNumber is the number of the Fabrik table you want to include. You may use more than one bot to include multiple tables into one content.

Form bots: Usage: {includeform form=FormNumber} where FormNumber is the id of the Fabrik form you want to include. You may use more than one bot to include multiple forms into one content.

Let me know if your still having trouble with this,
-Graylan King

Yes, this helps a lot. I always forget most of the mambots put their use in the initial install. You may want to put this into the guide as even though simple very helpful info. Thanks again

- To get custom views I should create new "tables" (not in schema, but joins) to then attach to a menu to view? Or should I do this in another way?

You would need to create duplicate fabrik tables, pointing to the same database table.

In Fabrik2.0 this won't be the case as you will be able to specify a template from within the link or url parameters.

Creating the duplicate tables works great. A little overhead if you had a lot of tables, but I understand why you do that. Can't wait until 2.0 is complete and ready as sounds like it has a lot of nice features.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back