Search results

1. C

Solved Calc element problem - shows in form view but breaks list view

I am going round in circles with a calc element. I have a radio button {repeat___Level} that contains basic, intermediate, advanced, so a user selects which level they want and the calc then shows an 'underlying value' of what is meant by that selection. There are reasons that I don't want to...
  2. C

Cascading dropdown reset on edit feature or bug?

I have a cascasing dropdown which is multi-select, based on a previous multi-select (actually a situation I posted about previously, which I have now ALMOST solved - but this problem then breaks the solution!). The issue here is that if I go back to a record and EDIT the first multi-select...
  3. C

Multiple choice response from multi-select cascading dropdown (a matrix question?)

OK, so this is ambitious, I know... I have a cascading dropdown [CDD] that is currently a checklist. It is derived from another checklist [dbjoin], and FANTASTICALLY it 'just works' (i.e. when I click an extra option on the first list, the CDD updates). Nice! This gives me a great way to 'drill...
  4. C

SOLVED:Dependent database join element and/or other calcs hang when adding this calc element to form

I'm trying to find a way to show which items of a list have already been submitted. The idea is to reduce risk/prevent duplicate submissions I wanted to filter the databasejoin element to exclude items that correspond to any already submitted by the user, but that did my head in and I came up...
  5. C

Solved Calc error for php query

I have just installed Fabrik 4Z on a fresh Joomla 5 installation (no other components). I'm a bit rusty with Fabrik... I have tried a calc formula with Axaj triggered by a database join element [called link] on the same form, looking to return a row from another table based on the id being...
  6. C

location of temporary responses when saving part-filled forms

I have a multi-page form that I've set to save part-filled forms (it's a multi-page form). Our server had a wobble today when someone was filling in a form, and I wondered if I can retrieve the information from the temporary table (that the tool-tip in admin end says exists) - I went into...
  7. C

Alternating background colour in repeat group?

Is there a simple way of changing the background colour for a repeating group on a form - I am finding it difficult to demarcate each group as it appears. It looks like the screen scrolls to the middle of the group (Firefox) rather than the top, so it's a bit confusing to then find where the...
  8. C

Can I import json file to a list?

I'm wondering whether this is possible... I am using ODK Collect to gather field data, which is then uploaded to ODK Aggregate on the Google Cloud Platform. I can then export in JSON format and I'd like to import into Fabrik list. I think that I COULD use the List Web Services plugin if I...
  9. C

Paypal plugin processing error?

Hi, I'm dipping my toes in the murky waters of paypal but can't see the bottom! I've created a simple form, set the plugin as per the helpful screencast - got all my IPN fields set up and a sandbox account etc. The form records the input within the database, but when I publish the paypal...
  10. C

Email form submission - would like to show 'nested' data cleanly

Hi, I have a form that uses data from 4 tables and I'd like to send a notification when data is submitted that is 'clean' rather than repeating every element. I know that I can use an article as a template and this is great, however, I don't know how to format things so that I get the data...
  11. C

ANSWERED: Group by - how to query part of a field (such as the year in a date field)

I'm trying to make it easier for people to find records on my site and want to be able to group a list according to which year the record was created... This list can be ordered by date, but it would be good to see what was recorded in 2014 grouped together (and then potentially collapse the...
  12. C

[SOLVED] Googlemap Visualisation - no map or data visualized!

Hi, I've got a list with a googlemap element and want to display all the records on a visualization... In list view I can see all my points on a googlemap - either static or navigable, depending on my setting. When I load a visualization I just get a grey box where the map should be. I have...
  13. C

One list / form for multiple users?

Hi, I want to be able to allow different users to complete different parts of the same form, but only to see the fields that they have access to when completing the form. I'm thinking of hierarchy based permissions to control one form rather than having to set up multiple lists (and therefore...
  14. C

Display uploaded file name in detail view

I am using the fileupload with ajax to allow users to upload images, but they want to be able to see the name of the image (some users are naming the image to provide a clue about the location such as a grid reference). I thought I had it sussed with using the element name for the 'Title' in...
  15. C

Content plugin - can I filter records by user group?

Hi, I have a list which I would like to show a subset of the records according to the Joomla group for a user - I have worked out how to do this using a 'where' condition in a prefilter ( where 'group' = {$my->groups}). But where a user is a member of more than 1 group it doesn't work (choosing...
  16. C

Email form plugin - send to a user group defined by a field in the form?

I wonder if there is a simple way of using the eval function in this plugin to send the email to each member of a given group? I see that there is a 'static' way of doing this, but I would like to dynamically allocate which group to send the email to, based on a value in the form (in this case...
  17. C

Hide calc element in form view only?

I have a calc element which is a hyperlink formed using a value of the record (to link to a 'subform' with related data, in this case images). My calc element is on a form with a repeating group - you might be able to see why I need a subform, given the problem with Ajax upload and repeating...
  18. C

Solved: Error 1 could not connection (sic) to database

I have a frustrating problem that I don't know how to solve... using 3.1rc2 and Joomla 3.2 I have a number of lists and two critical ones have stopped working - front and back end. It all works on my development site but not on the live site - but only 2 lists - the others work fine. I have...
  19. C

Update an element value using javascript

I am looking for some pointers to get a couple of things working, having trawled the Wiki and forum for hints and tips... using Joomla 3 and Fabrik 3.1 #1b Form with repeating group, with a button one each 'subrecord' to clear the joined element (JobID) - so that I can remove an item from a...
  20. C

Lists - rows per page setting ignored

Hi, I'm struggling with getting the settings in the admin end to be followed in the front end! Whenever I change 'rows per page' for a list (e.g. to 50) the list view stubbornly remains at 10 next time I load the same page. Am I missing something? This is something really simple that has me...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back