Paypal plugin processing error?

chrisyork

Hi,

I'm dipping my toes in the murky waters of paypal but can't see the bottom!

I've created a simple form, set the plugin as per the helpful screencast - got all my IPN fields set up and a sandbox account etc. The form records the input within the database, but when I publish the paypal plugin it falls over (although the data is still recorded in the db). Not using any other form plugins. Holding everything in a single table for simplicity...

When I press submit / save I get the following error:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '= '732'' at line 3"

Unfortunately I don't have the first idea where this fits in the Fabrik or Paypal scheme of things? It's bound to be something dumb that I've done (it usually is), but I don't even know where to start looking for an SQL syntax error '= '732'' (none of the data I'm trying to send relates to that number) and I don't know which script to look for line 3.

Joomla 3.8.1; Fabrik 3.8

Any help gratefully received.

Are you using either the subscription payment option or the shipping option? That's the only two things that generate queries during the paypal processing.

Is 732 a user id?

-- hugh

Ah. You are a genius. I'd never have thought of that, even though it's glaringly obvious now!

I was using the shipping optio,n but because I wasn't storing the buyer's information in the Joomla user table had left it blank.

So there needs to be a value for User ID (I used the form ID instead and it works). This is probably an unusual situation because most people will want to register users, but in my case I didn't want to give them the hassle of setting up an account for a one-off purchase...

Don't know if this will be useful to anyone else, but might be worth putting in your 'tooltip' that it can't be left blank if shipping information is used.

I've now used a different way of dealing with shipping, because in my case it is a voluntary contribution towards the cost (which I suspect no-one will use) to maximise the donation to charity for the goods they are buying - so it is just added to the total, which is then passed to Paypal.

As always, thanks for your help.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back