Search results

1. A

List - OnBuildQueryWhere called multiple times

Hi Troester, I turned all the elements to "Recorded Data" One that caused "element filterValueList_Exact:" to show in the debug was a field that is NOT included in the list. It is published though. I modified it and it disappeared from the SQL queries. Now I'm only left with one, a...
  2. A

Hi Troester, Thank you for responding. I think they were all set to "Show All" I have just now changed them to "Recorded Data" but I also figured out a way around this by using one PHP Event plugin for the query building and another using the OnLoad to handle the rest. Works great, but it...
  3. A

Hi guys, I have a list where I use OnBuildQueryWhere with no problem at all. Now I'm adding it to another list and what's happening is that the event fires multiple times as the list loads. When I use &fabrikdebug=1 it seems to repeat the calls to the query for each dropdown filter: The...
  4. A

Link in group intro

Hi Troester, I wasn't that far into it! YES, it DOES work!!! Very COOL! Best regards, Arnor
  5. A

Link in group intro

Hi guys, In a group intro, is it possible to construct a link that has the row ID in it? Something like: index.php?option=com_mycomponent&view=myview&rowid={rowid} or something like that, where {rowid} was the ID of the row being loaded into the form? I can do it with jQuery no problem...
  6. A

Sort order override

Hi Troester, Thanks for responding :) I need to go back and do some better checking as it's working now. The "Single Ordering" is enabled and when I tried to sort this column on my dev machine it worked. So something else is going on - sorry. Best regards, Arnor
  7. A

Sort order override

Hi guys, I have a list that has default sort order on 4 elements, i.e. the "Order By" on the "Data" tab for the list properties. This works fine. I also have header sorting turned on so users can click on other headers to sort. But when they do that, the default sorting is still active, so...
  8. A

Conditionally hide or disable a JS plugin button in list

Hi guys, I have a Fabrik list with two JavaScript plugins which show as two buttons. On some rows I would like to be able to either hide or preferably disable one of the buttons based on if a certain field is blank or not. Any way to accomplish that? Best regards,
  9. A

Using OnBuildQueryWhere

Hi guys, Never mind, found it. I don't know where I found that setQueryWhere[] but the correct syntax is (as the tooltip on OnBuildQueryWhere states!) $model->setPluginQueryWhere('MyUniqueIdenitifer',"Your Where clause here"); I am curious though exactly how unique the "MyUniqueIdentifier"...
  10. A

Using OnBuildQueryWhere

Hi all, Some time ago I got information on how to use the OnBuildQueryWhere PHP Event to build a dynamic filter. I was able to get it to work, but had to leave it for another more urgent project. Just getting back to it and now I can't figure out how I did it<g> Using...
  11. A

Apply LIMIT to a query

Hi Troester, So on an unfiltered list the query would basically translate to SELECT * FROM #__mytable and if the table has 100,000 rows, only 20 rows would be fetched if the list is set to show 20 rows. Am I understanding this correctly? When I look at the query submitted by Fabrik (with...
  12. A

Apply LIMIT to a query

Hi juuser, Already using prefilters all over. I need to simply set a hard coded maximum for this particular list. I just need to implement a LIMIT clause. I'm already constructing the WHERE clause using PHP, but the table for this particular list can have up to say a hundred thousand rows...
  13. A

Apply LIMIT to a query

Hi all, Is it possible to apply mySQL LIMIT to a list? We have a user query situation which might return too many rows to be practical so to limit traffic we'd like to set a limit to say 500 or 1000 rows. I've figured out with help from the forum, how I can construct the WHERE clause, but I...
  14. A

Configure how many rows per page

Hi Troester, Sorry for the very late reply on this! Thank you so much for the suggestion! I think that will do what I need!
  15. A

Applying dynamic WHERE to list

Hi, Awesome! Been using Fabrik for 3 years and I guess I never scrolled down far enough! <g>
  16. A

Applying dynamic WHERE to list

Hi guys, I have a table with about 50K rows in it. I need to be able to construct a WHERE filter prior to the list loading and applying this WHERE to the SQL query. Prefilter isn't going to work (I use those all over the place) because this needs to be dynamic. I know I can do this on the...
  17. A

Hi Troester, I need to be able to configure that when the list opens, based on individual user's preference. I.e. as the list loads I need to be able to fetch the user configuration (already do that) and somehow apply the rows per page THEY have selected to the list when it opens. Some of my...
  18. A

Hi guys, My client is setting up Joomla sites for his customers, each of which has multiple users logging in. I know we can specify the number of rows per page and set the navigation stuff and I also know it's stored in the list table as the rows_per_page so it would be easy to make it...
  19. A

Add parameter to form url

Hi guys, I have a special situation where I get a parameter in to the list and I need to pass this parameter on to the form. This parameter is part of the pre-filter on the list and I use $_GET to get it there and it works great. Fabrik however seems to use all the pre-filter values to send...
  20. A

Database Join element

Hi guys, Scratch that - helps working with the right element!!!<g> Best regards,
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back