2.5 rc1

gstyles

FYI, I have just installed joomla 2.5 rc1 and tested fabrik 3.0.0.1 and all seemed to work Ok. Up dated from github 78c9 and receive this error.
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@xxxx.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
This cripples both front end and back end of joomla

:mad:

Well Fabrik 3.0 is still in Beta as you are probably aware, so is Joomla 2.5.

The main testing is being done on Joomla 1.7 and any issues for Joomla 2.5 so far have been highlighted on the forums.

There was only one major issue I was aware of which is covered here.

http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23762

This issue has actually been resolved, which is a Joomla Fix, not a Fabrik fix, but without looking I don't know whether it has been applied to Beta 2 or not.

daito suggests a link for a patch so I imagine that has the new fix applied to it.

hmm sigh - that patch was the exact issue that we had with the beta 2.5 release.
It *should* have gone into 2.5beta, but it looks like it hasn't, the changes are present in the joomla cms project at github so I guess for the next rc they will be there.
In the mean time apply the patch daito posted above

hmm sigh - that patch was the exact issue that we had with the beta 2.5 release.
It *should* have gone into 2.5beta, but it looks like it hasn't, the changes are present in the joomla cms project at github so I guess for the next rc they will be there.
In the mean time apply the patch daito posted above

Just checked with the new 2.5 and exactly the same. The patch didn't make it into the final release.

try updating from either github or via the Joomla component updater
I think the issue was not related to the patch

try updating from either github or via the Joomla component updater
I think the issue was not related to the patch
OK. I have reinstalled 2.5 and fabrik 3.0.0.1 and all works. I tried updating via the updater and received the error (see fab.jpg), I then installed from github C6aab8e (this usually breaks the site) and it worked,yippee. Now when you look at the updater in joomla you get (see fab2.jpg) and if you try and install them you get the same as fab1.jpg,the list of updates remains even after updating from the github. Clearly there are still issues but at least it is on the road to working properly.Well done all.

Attachments

• fab1.jpg
    fab1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 139
  • fab2.jpg
    fab2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 141
I then installed from github C6aab8e (this usually breaks the site)
I wouldn't imagine that release does but I can see there has been a few issues.

Now when you look at the updater in joomla you get (see fab2.jpg) and if you try and install them you get the same as fab1.jpg,the list of updates remains even after updating from the github.
Once you have updated from Github there is no need to run the installer. Effectively once you have applied your Github your files are newer than the releases being shown in the installer.

The versions you see being listed are from when you initially install Fabrik which of course are older than Github.

There is no way around this at the moment except increasing the release level on every file that is modified and repackaging it and then uploading it to downloads.fabrik.com. This would potentially increase modifiing one file from five minutes to about an hour..... :eek:

Clearly there are still issues but at least it is on the road to working properly.Well done all.

As far as I'm aware the latest github fixes all related 2.5 problems in terms of upgrading. There is a minor issue with the new install but this is being addressed as we speak.

All in all though, as you say, well done to Rob and Hugh.... supporting two releases of Fabrik across 4 different versions of Joomla and having everything working is pretty outstanding! (I won't even mention mootools!).

Hi Felixcat, thanks for clearing up what happens with the updater in Fabrik, it had me confused for awhile. As you say Rob and Hugh have done very well.

No worries, hopefully I'll have a sticky put up tonight explaining the whole install, upgrade, update process. :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back