A new group gets deleted when Lists "Show Add button" is disabled or NO

linomsai

Hope my below query is not too long. I am trying to build an inventory management system.

1) created a list item_request and DB table is item_request_process
2) Added elements in addition to the default id and date
a) Ticket (unique generated number) - listed + published
b) item_name - listed + published
c) item_code - listed + published
d) item_request_by - listed + published
e) branch - listed + published
f) item_qty - listed + published

g) item_approval_status - unlisted + unpublished
h) item_approval_by - unlisted + unpublished
i) item_approval_date - unlisted + unpublished
j) item_approval_qty - unlisted + unpublished

The elements from (a) to (e) will be used for item request and the elements from (f) to (i) will be used by approver who will approve or reject the request.

Added a group item_request_proc_child to item_request_process and enabled Repeat group. Added 1) item_name 2) item_code 3) item_qty to this group and added the group to the item_request_process form. Now the user can add multiple items in this form.

3) Created a copy of item_request and renamed list, group, forms to item_approval and item_request_proc_child group to item_request_proc_child_approval. The DB table remains the same i.e. item_request_process

a) unlinked all the element in item_approval,
b) added item_approval_status, item_approval_qty to item_request_proc_child group.

Status of all the elements in item_approval
a) Ticket (unique generated number) - listed + published
b) item_name - listed + published
c) item_code - listed + published
d) item_request_by - listed + published
e) branch - listed + published
f) item_qty - listed + published

g) item_approval_status - listed + published
h) item_approval_by - listed + published
i) item_approval_date - listed + published
j) item_approval_qty - listed + published

4) Created a Menu:
1) Material Request - Added the item_request list to this menu. Users can request multiple items in one form from this menu.

2) Material Approval - Added the item_approval list to this menu.
Now when a user places a request for a single / multiple items by clicking on the add button from the Material Request menu, the same information displays in the Material Approval menu. From here the Approver shall approve the items. One point where I have noticed is that, when from the item_approval list setting, if i select NO in the Show add (Navigation section), the item_request_proc_child group gets deleted and nothing gets displayed. Is this by Design or a Bug? I want to disable adding of new items from the Material Approval form.

My requirement is:
1) Multiple Item request can be added for one unique ticket - for which we have to create a group with repeat option.
2) The Approver should be able to view the request and approve. But in this case the approver's menu should not have the Add button in his list, he should not be able to add a new item.

Is there any other way / steps to make it working? Is there a way to use a single group for multiple form for eg. can i use item_request_proc_child of item_request to be used with item_approval?

when from the item_approval list setting, if i select NO in the Show add (Navigation section), the item_request_proc_child group gets deleted and nothing gets displayed.
How does the child group 'get deleted' I tried setting this up and for me the user whilst he can't see the add button can edit existing records and save them without any joined data being deleted.

Generally though I would expect your 'approver' to be assigned to a Joomla viewing access level and to set the 'add' record option via the list's access tab.

You may want to update from github as I added some more acl controls to how repeat groups are managed yesterday.

Hi Rob,

thank you very much for your reply.

But still there is a risk that the copied group disappears from the group, if i disable the Show Add from the the copied list, though the table for eg. item_request_proc_38_repeat still exists in the database (when i checked from phpmyadmin).

Im still not sure I follow. Can you make a video (jing is good for that) showing what you are doing and seeing?
thx

I've tried the setup as in your video and can't see a problem, all groups are still there after setting the "Show add" to no.
Did you try to reset it to yes and set the ACL level for adding records.

I assume you also want to set the ACL levels in the repeated group so approvers can't add/delete "child" records, see Rob's
Generally though I would expect your 'approver' to be assigned to a Joomla viewing access level and to set the 'add' record option via the list's access tab.

You may want to update from github as I added some more acl controls to how repeat groups are managed yesterday.

Ah, stop:
an other group (of a totally different list) has vanished on my site, I'm trying to check what has happend.

I've tried the setup as in your video and can't see a problem, all groups are still there after setting the "Show add" to no.
Did you try to reset it to yes and set the ACL level for adding records.
I am configuring it using the joomla's super user account, but what we see is that the group just disappears. What level of ACL should be set, can you please advise.

I assume you also want to set the ACL levels in the repeated group so approvers can't add/delete "child" records,
Yes, you are correct. But this can be done later once the basics are working. At the moment i have given the Public access to all user in my test environment.

see Rob's
As Rob said, should i only replace the form.js or the entire com_fabrik folder which i have updated from SVN http://fabrik.unfuddle.com/svn/fabrik_fabrik2/trunk/
My version of fabrik is 3, will it be okay if i add it from fabrik2 svn?

After testing your video settings the touched lists/groups/elements were ok.

But then I realised by chance that an other group (including all elements) was gone: not trashed but all entries in #_fabrik_groups, _elements, _formgroup missing

I'm pretty sure I didn't delete anything myself.
But I can't replicate it again.

After testing your video settings the touched lists/groups/elements were ok.

But then I realised by chance that an other group (including all elements) was gone: not trashed but all entries in #_fabrik_groups, _elements, _formgroup missing

I'm pretty sure I didn't delete anything myself.
But I can't replicate it again.

If you could follow the steps given in the beginning of this post to replicate the problem, probably it could help us.

I'm not sure if my "vanished" group is related to your problem.
Anyway I can't replicate it.

Did you try updating from GitHub and creating your group again?

BTW: you never mentioned your exact Joomla and fabrik version

Joomla version is 2.5 and fabrik 3.0.5.1. And everything is updated? If you could suggest me some ways to debug it would really helpful.

My doubt is as we copy the List / Forms / Group (repeat group) / elements with a new name, could that be a problem?
For eg,
1) Create a group "G1" in form "F1" associated with list "L1" and set it as repeat group. This will create a separate table in the database which will be like G1_28_repeat,

2) Then we make a copy of List L1, in which you also get the option to make a copy of "G1" / "F1" also. Say for instance, i make a copy to L2 / G2 / F2 respctively. But now G2 will be refering to the same table in the database G1_28_repeat.

Though we have a single group for one form, in the above eg we have a copy of the group but refering to the same repeat table.....bit confusing?

And everything is updated?
So did you update from GitHub or not?
Say for instance, i make a copy to L2 / G2 / F2 respctively. But now G2 will be refering to the same table in the database G1_28_repeat.

Though we have a single group for one form, in the above eg we have a copy of the group but refering to the same repeat table
This is how it should work (and hopefully does): copying a list gives you a new set of list/form/groups/elements but all working on the same underlying database table(s)

I just tried again: copy list with repeatable group, modify "show add button" settings, add element to the copied rep. group, add data via copied list and original list, delete repeated data...
all seems to be ok (latest GitHub version)

So if you can replicate the error I think Hugh or Rob have to look directly into your site.

Hi Troester,

I thank you for your time in providing me the assistance!

I will check the steps once again and let you know.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back