Add Record to A List, From A Seperate List

polarweb

Jeremiah
That might not make sense, but I will try to explain in much more detail.

I have a list, called "Teams". This list contains elements like: Team Name, Team Owner ID, Rank, Times Disputed, Etc.

I want to add a field that shows a numeric value of how many times they have been disputed. "Times Disputed".

The disputes would originate from another list called "Challenge Results". It basically is a list that allows any "Challenging Team Owner" to add their challenge results from a match AND allow the "Challenged Team Owner" to view the match results.

On this list I also want the "Challenged Team Owner" to be able to dispute these results, by simply selecting anything (button, link, whatever) that allows them to simply say, we dispute these results. When they do this I want the records from "Teams" to add a +1 numeric value to the "Times Disputed" field contained in "Teams" list.

What would be the best way to handle this?

Oh before I forget..A way to only let them dispute a result one time.

This will probably be duplicated with a "Commend Team" feature as well that congratulates teams with a +1 Commendation Rating. Or in other words, a team you would have truthful results after a challenge has been completed.

What would be the best way to handle this?....Oh before I forget..A way to only let them dispute a result one time.
Probably a PHP list plugin to update the db field's value. With some check on whether the user had already disputed it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back