Adding #__users to list join and publishing name field causes 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

bascherz

I have a list that has 3 inner joins:
  1. #__comprofiler to #__users on user_id=id
  2. #__comprofiler to #__zipcodes on cb_zip=zip
  3. #__zipcodes to #__district_names on district=id
In all three cases above the column on the right is the primary key for that table.

I need the name and email element contents from #__users, which is the only reason that table is joined. However, if I publish either of those elements, I get this fun and familiar error:

Code:
500 Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list Paused Volunteers: <br /><br /><pre>Unknown column '#__users.name' in 'field list'

If I unpublish all #__users elements, the list works, but then I don't have name or email in the list or in the form, and I need them. What causes this and is there some alternative method I could use if this is a problematic pair of tables?

Oh by the way...in the complete error message (which is very long), all the other element names have the full table name, not the #__ prefix and use the Fabrik placeholder syntax (in the error message). Also, if I publish both name and email, the error is for name. Then if I unpublish name, the error message is for email. I have to unpublish them both (defeating the purpose of joining the #__users table) in order for the list to work.

Last edited:
How/where did you join? In the list "Joins" you can't select #__users but the table with real prefix.

Hey troester, the Joins are in the List definition under Data/Joins. There, I just select the table and elements. I don't type them in. So I don't know why this happens.

problemjoins.png

As far as I can see Fabrik is storing #__users for user elements only.

Did you set name and email to be user elements?
If you have already a list join to love_users these elements are simple fields (a user element is a special databasejoin element, so it would be an additional join).

This may help additionally:
On a site I'm having numerous Fabrik lists with J users and CB joined. However, I'm not basing them on #__comprofiler like you do, but on #__users. So, creating a Fabrik list for the #__users table, then joining it with #__comprofiler like so:
joins.jpg

IOW, make #__users the "mother" of your joins. No issues at all.

Hmm. Certainly easy enough to do. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

SURE ENOUGH! That did the trick. Had to completely redo the list, but it works now.

Thanks, lousyfool!

Last edited:
So what did the trick:
Changing the element type?
Or @lousyfool 's rearrangement of list joins?

BTW: You can close solved threads by unchecking "open" in Thread Tools.

It was lousyfool's recommendation to base the list primarily on #__users. I did have to start from scratch with that part of the list, but it did the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back