Advance Search not Working when applying Data - where in databasejoin plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiopourtu

Hello Rob,

I have experiencing strange behavior in my Fabrik application.

Let's say I have en element named 'Entity' using databasejoin plugin that rendering from site database. To limit the dropdown list I apply [Data - where]->[Joins where and/or order by statement (SQL)] with a command line: {thistable}.active = 1, so when I select the dropdown it will only show active 'Entity'. It was working just fine, until I do the Advance Search from the front-end List.

When I select Entity EQUALS .... in Advance Search, nothing happen.

But when I remove the statement: {thistable}.active = 1, then when I select Entity EQUALS ... I got the dropdown showing All Entities (both active & non active) and the Advance Search works fine.

Is it normal or something wrong with my setup ?

Regards,

Are you running a recent GitHub update?
I think there was a fix concerning advanced search and dbjoins.

Dear troester,

I'm not sure that my fabrik is the lates, The Verison is 3.1.1 and Dated March 2014. I try to update from github by downloading joomla3 branch. Is it the latest one ?

Regards,

Dear troester,

This is the error message I got:

filter query error: entity You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'base_entities.active = 1 ORDER BY `base_entities`.`shortname`ASC LIMIT 0, 100' at line 5 SQL=SELECT DISTINCT(`base_entities`.`shortname`) AS `text`, `base_employees`.`entity` AS `value` FROM `base_employees` LEFT JOIN `p0rt4_users` AS `p0rt4_users` ON `p0rt4_users`.`id` = `base_employees`.`username` LEFT JOIN `p0rt4_users` AS `p0rt4_users_0` ON `p0rt4_users_0`.`id` = `base_employees`.`updateby` LEFT JOIN `base_entities` AS `base_entities` ON `base_entities`.`id` = `base_employees`.`entity` WHERE `base_employees`.`entity` IN ('5','6') base_entities.active = 1 ORDER BY `base_entities`.`shortname`ASC LIMIT 0, 100

I don't know where the IN('5','6') came from.

Dear troester,

Sorry for my mistake, I think I got the wrong setup.
I just need to be confirmed on this one : In [Data-where] section of databasejoin setup, is it true that I should put WHERE before {thistable}.active = 1. Because this way, the Advance Search bahave as I expected.

So the complete text is: WHERE {thistable}.active = 1

Regards,

Dear troester,

Hahaha, when I post reply to this thread suddenly I read your post telling me to set WHERE {thistable}.active = 1. How coincidence... anyway thank's a lot for your replies...

PROBLEM SOLVED

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back