Amount of records in a list

fabrik1963

Hello. I wanted to ask you for confirmation, if the number of records in a list is subordinated to the space in your database. So can I have an infinite number of records in a list? naturally depending on the available database space.
Thanks!

If you were able to have an infinite number of records in a database then it would of course take you an infinitely long time to insert them. Perhaps you would like to get started with that, and report back to us when it is complete?

More seriously...

Assuming that you use an internalid element as id, then the maximum number of records is 4,294,967,295 because that is the largest number that can be stored in an unsigned integer and fabrik doesn't support bigint.

Being kind, why don't you limit yourself to this rather than infinity and report back once you have done it. ;-)

I expressed myself badly with "infinity". Being that I have built a system for a company that has more than a thousand employees, my concern is the maximum amount of records that can contain a list of records. Thank you for your quick reply.

A thousand records is perfectly normal for a MySQL database. However, with this number of records you will need to think about performance, and avoid full table scans by adding indexes and / or by careful design.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back