Backend menu item prefilter options issues/guidance

Dja

>>In Fabrik list menu backend configuration, cannot get pre-filter options to show. Saved multiple times as suggested. Button appears inactive.

>I'm pretty sure this one is fixed in 3.2

Yes, this is fixed in 3.2 and me gusta!

1. However, I can't seem to get the AND/OR logic to work. Perhaps my understanding is flawed. Can I not do this, to get a filtered list of equipment that is flagged for "To Repair" OR "Broken", filtering the same field twice?

OR | Status |EQUALS | To Repair | Text | Guest
OR | Status |EQUALS | Broken | Text | Guest

When I run this, I only get results from the second filter. I tried other combos of AND/OR as well and can't get the combined output result.

2.Additionally, when I removed the second query (or both of them), the result remains that of the second query result. Seems as though SEF (not using any kind of plugin) is hardwired to an original query result. Cleared cache and expired cache and bypassed browser cache on reload and no effect. Short of deleting the menu item and starting over, not sure how to address. Sometimes, if one waits a while, some other kind of cache clears... but not in the 2 hours that I've been messing with it. I was able to get it to reset by setting "Reset Filters = Yes" in the menu item, but then my filters are ignored.

3. I then went to another rendering of the list on another menu item, and found that it too had the filter settings applied... which surprised me, since I assumed that filter settings per table would be isolated from each other. Since this is the main table without any filters, I can set this one to "Reset Filters = Yes", but since I intend to have many iterations of this list table with different filters, this is going to be a problem.

Most likely that these are not bugs and only me not understanding how to use fabrik... but must confess that I'm confused at this stage. Ever since I set and unset Reset filters to "Yes" and back to "No", the page isn't filtering at all even though I put the filter pre-sets back in.

Hi Thanks for splitting out the questions and for filling in the site details. I presume 1 relates to the menu item "A R?parer" ?

It has the prefilters set up, but applied to the guest user level. As I could only access the site after having logged in that access level will mean that the prefilter is not applied. I changed it to Public, and now the two prefilters are applied.
To confirm that I went to fabrik's global admin options and set "Allow fabrikDebug" to "Yes"
Then I went to the URL /equipements/a-reparer?fabrikdebug=1 - this adds a dump of the queries that are used.
The section of interest here is "list GetData:Inventaire d'?quipements" If you click on that you see the query with the where statement

WHERE ( cold_chain_equipment_items.Statut = 'A Reparer' OR cold_chain_equipment_items.Statut = 'En Panne' )

You could use this method to check for issue 2, I didn't notice it in the brief time I spent on the site.

3- Did you copy the original menu item perhaps? It certainly shouldn't pick up another menu items options. Which menu item has the correct prefilter options and which one the copy of those options? I took a look but didnt see one (perhaps you had already removed them)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back