bootstrap3-jlayouts question about data attributes

Keraunox

Hello,

I was looking at the code of fabrik-edit-button.php and fabrik-view-button.php in the bootstrap3-jlayouts repository

I noticed this attributes on anchor element : data-loadmethod and data-list.

I've never heared about that attributes and googling i did not find nothing about them.

Could someone tell me something about them

Thank you

Sorry if I probably do stupid question but every day i learn something new .... I managed to understand what those attributes are ... if i didn't misunderstand they are data attribute provided by html5 that permit to store pair of key and values that can be used by javascript or something like that.

Now my question is : Are there some tutorial or documentation about the use of data attribute with fabrik or their use is irrelevant for the development of layout overrides?

A lot the data- attributes we use in layouts are for Bootstrap, so refer to their docs for what does what.

However the data-loadmethod and data-list are Fabrik ones, which we use to control how the edit and view actions are performed. The data-loadmethod tells us if it's AJAX enabled or not, and data-list is the list ID.

And no, no docs. In general, if they are there, they are there for a purpose, so preserve them in your layout.

It helps a lot if you have a decent programming environment (IDE) to work in, when doing any serious Fabrik coding. Then you can do global searches for stuff in our code, which can tell you a lot about what "things" are for.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back