Bug - Calc element got "backslashes madness"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfquestiaux

With recent GitHub update (don't know whether this is 909 or 931), the calc element is adding backslashes to all single and double quotes in teh calculation.
The problem is that the calculation does not work anymore, probably because in the database, you get 2 backslashes before every quotes.
This worsens if you re-save the calc element becuase then you get 3 backslahes in the calc box of the element (and 4 in the database ? - not tested), and I guess it keeps adding everytime you save.
If I delete manually in the database the backslashes, the calc works as expected.

For existing calc, it is not a problem as long as you don't open and save your element.

Sorry, my bad. For some reason (on my other sites it is correct) I had "magic_quotes" set to ON in php.ini. For a correct functionning of Joomla (and Fabrik), it has to be set to "OFF".

Yeah, I thought I'd replied here, but just found my reply in an unsent tab.

The only way I could replicate this was by turning magic_quotes on. Which we don't support. I also have a feeling it's being deprecated in PHP at some point soon(ish).

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back