[bug] many-to-many joins - repeatable groups display duplicate data in form SOLVED

batonac

I've mentioned this briefly to cheesegrits, but I'd like to create a full report here for the record:

I've created a few many-to-many joins following rob's suggestions:
An alternative could be to join your students table to the student_has_class table (setting the student_has_class group to be repeatable), and set the student_has_class.class field to be a dbjoin element with the "front end select" option turned on. This would enable users to open a list of classes in a pop up window and select which one would be used for the field's value.

Everything works great until I view or edit an entry on a list with multiple joined tables. The form view shows tons of duplicate entries in the repeated groups, even in groups that shouldn't have any data.

I've created a screencast to demonstrate:

I'm very eager to resolve this soon. If there's something I can do to create a workaround until a more elaborate solution is created, I'd love to know....

I've been working on that one since we spoke abut it - think I have a fix in github for it, as of an hour or two ago.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back