Can I have some GoogleMaps tweaks please?

First of all, many thanks to Rob for the recent enhancements to the GoogleMaps visualization. The clustering facility is very interesting and I am playing around with it and will come back with comments in a little while.

In the meantime there are a few things I would like to do, and if my Javascript skills were better I would hack the code myself, but I could do with some pointers if possible please?

1. I think the option to set the style of map at initial display (normal | Satellite | hybrid) may have broken, as what ever I set it to in the Visualization form it stays resolutely at Normal. Could you advise what code sets the initial value?

2. I should like to add back in the link to the form that is removed in the model/googlemaps.php when info is posted in the visualization template. I should like the link to show below the info I put in manually. Hugh comments in the code that the user can add it in but I'm not sure how to get all the ids I need to write an expression in the template?
http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=41550#post41550 refers

3. I believe that GoogleMaps allows control over standard marker types (eg colour, size, character in pin). I would very much like to be able to change the colour attribute of the marker by a field in the record (e.g. marker_attribute). If set to YELLOW it would be yellow, etc) (This site has a script which generates these in Javascript http://n01se.net/gmapez/start.html ) If the field wasn't present then the marker would default to the standard orange marker with a dot.

If there is a simple one or two line hack I could make to the code to do this I would be eternally grateful (so would my client who could pay for it more to the point)

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Cheers
Mike

1. Should be fixed in SVN.

2. Just put {fabrik_view} in your template.

3. I'll leave that one to Rob, but you should already be able to specify your own icon to use on the map viz settings. Not quite as easy as having options to set color/pinchar, but would work for now.

-- hugh

Dear Hugh
Many thanks for the rapid response. 2) is great (and so easy when you know how) and really adds huge value to the application I am working on. I will post up 3) into new function requests, and arrange for a donation from the client.
I have also spotted another bug-ette on the GoogleMap element (small map doesn't start at correct zoom level) which I will post in the beta forum later.
I plan to write up a GoogleMaps HowTo for the Wiki once I have finished this project in a week or so, to make it easier for people who want to get started with GoogleMaps and Fabrik. I will also have a good live example site to refer potential users to the type of GoogleMap application which can be developed with Fabrik which I can publicly announce in the next day or two.
Once again thanks for excellent support
Best
Mike

the coloured icons aren't part of the google maps api - they're simply images stored on their server that that pages uses - so I believe you can achieve the same thing with the current map viz settings
I've added the code to let you choose the letter you want to appear in the default marker.

How to hack code to make {fabrik_view} appear in new window?

Hi

I should like to add a window target to the GoogleMaps visualization {fabrik_view} link in the Map Marker Pop up window so that the link will open in a new window or tab rather than replace the existing map in the current browser window. This is because of the time required to draw the map when going back from the form.

Could you point me to the relevant part of the code so that I could make a small mod?

Thanks
Mike

Hugh, Any chance of pointing me to the relevant code line for me to add a target to open a new window for this one? Ta, Mike

I believe that would be around line 528 in components/com_fabrik/models/table.php.

Note that this will affect all your table view links, not just the Map ones.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back