Cannot choose label and foreign key in cascading drop down

otto.arya

so ive been playing with cascading drop down lately, im currently using the state -> city example..
i already have state as a list and city as a list also with databasejoin element from state id with state name as the label.

heres my list

state
id -- state_name
1-- Texas
2-- Montana

City
id--state_id-- city_name
1--1--Dallas
2--1--Houston
3--2--Billings

the next list called "my info".. i have databasejoin element from state, then i created a cascading dropdown element with with city list as the data, but then i cannot chose the label in the data tab ? when i saved the CCD element, i also cannot chose the foreign key, i can choose the watch element which is state..

i dont know whats wrong,.. any help would be appreciated..

nb: this is in my local machine..

Attachments

• 15-Oct-15 10-52-29 AM.png
    15-Oct-15 10-52-29 AM.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 15-Oct-15 10-52-48 AM.png
    15-Oct-15 10-52-48 AM.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 171
i might have to add this but i upgraded to joomla 3.4.4 last week, dont know whether or not that has affected the CCD plugin

Is this with all your CDD elements or a special one?
Did you try to clear Joomla and browser cache?

hi, this happen to all my cdd elements, tried creating a new one,, even creating new lists altogether just to test but to no avail..
cleared cache and even change my browser..

There were certain conditions (which i cannot replicate - seems random) where i can chose and saved both the foreign key and the label, but somehow the still doesnt works - as in i cannot even open the whole list / form. Whenever i open that CDD element again, both of the field was empty so i have to choose label and foreign key again which i could not.

Can you see a JS error (with a browser dev tool)?
Do you have WYSIWYG editor enabled for element labels?

Which exact Joomla and Fabrik version are you running?

im using firebug,,
Got one error when choosing for label in data tab

joomla 3.4.4 and fabrik 3.3.3. no WYSIWYG edit for label

Attachments

• 15-Oct-15 5-18-42 PM.png
    15-Oct-15 5-18-42 PM.png
    44 KB · Views: 162
Oh wow you know what, sorry for the troubles but when i use CDD on my server, it actually works.. like totally works,

as far as i know the differences is the OS, im using win 10, and my server is using win 7 both are pro..
both are using joomla 3.4.4 and fabrik 3.3.3, even the xampp version are the same (3.2.1)..
hell, i just udpated the fabrik in my localmachine from the github but doesnt seems to fix the problem..

the bad news is, i dont have dev or even testing environment in the server :D

Attachments

• 15-Oct-15 5-33-16 PM.png
    15-Oct-15 5-33-16 PM.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 15-Oct-15 5-33-23 PM.png
    15-Oct-15 5-33-23 PM.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 143
"Syntax error <" is pointing to an error message in the network response.
Open the "Net" tab, and check the "Response", maybe the error message gives a hint.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back