Cannot edit Connection

Bauer

I have been getting weird - and sporadic - 500 errors on pages using Fabrik forms or lists. Searching these forums I see a few possible things to try. So I went in to reset my DB connection and get a Error message that says...
Error

The details stored for this connection are not the same as your Joomla database connection details, we have pre-filled in the correct details (except for the password) please ensure the password is correctly entered and press save.

(image attached). I can't make this go away no matter what I try - even changing passwords to the DB via Cpanel.

You think this might have something to do with my 500 errors? It seems like it will be OK for hours, then just start "acting up" again.

Attachments

• connection.PNG
    connection.PNG
    55.1 KB · Views: 278
To followup on this one. I went into the #__fabrik_connections table and changed the params from {"encryptedPw":true} to {"encryptedPw":false}

I then copied the encrypted password shown to my PC for safe keeping just in case - before changing it to the unencrypted password.

All is well. My 500 errors seem to have gone away too. (Though that has been a sporadic thing so I'm not claiming victory yet.)

What was weird is that even though I had set the Connection as disabled in the connections table, all the Fabrik forms still worked. (I just happened to notice it a few minutes later when I went into Fabrik on the admin backend - forgot that I set it as disabled.)

Anyhow, good to know there's an easy quick-fix until this is corrected.

Was the error message 'Could not connect to database' or similar?
If so I think I have resolved that today, we'd implemented storing the password encrypted rather than plain text, and sometimes it wasn't decrypted correctly (or was decrypted twice) meaning you couldn't connect to the db.
R.e. the unpublished connection, thats pretty wierd, I guess must only not show it in the admin pages if not published and the publised state doesn't effect whether it can be connected to.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back