Cant change the style!

I am trying this now the whole day. :mad:

I am following your instructions under:
http://www.fabrikar.com/wiki/index.php/3.x_Form_Templates#Template_Overrides
http://www.fabrikar.com/wiki/index.php/3.x_Form_Templates

Fabrik version: 3
Github version: 3.0.6.3-979
Template for Joomla: yootheme micasa

1) I copied the default template and made a new folder "mine".
If I try to change anything in the "template_css.php" nothing works.
set border of button eg. to 10px, no changes.

2) I made a custom_css.php and put the changes in there. Not working

3) Now if I use the template "iwebkit" which has a CSS file called "style.css" the changes work.....

Is there any override from my joomla template?
Why doesn't it take the changes in the _css.php files?
What am I doing wrong.

Please Help.

Thank you,

Mostlyseven

style.css is a css file, xxx_css.php are php files creating css files.
Maybe you have a syntax error.

Firefox with firebug is a good tool to examine css, check which css files are loaded...
Do you have a link to your form?

It seems in Firebug that the template_css.php is loaded but there are no rules!

I am putting the website online for you. Give me a view minutes.

If template_css.php is showing "no rules" have a look for syntax errors, e.g. unbalanced or wrong quotes, brackets...

Hi Troester,

It must be something else. Because it doesnt matter which template I use, Default, Labels above, etc. It all says "no rules".

components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/labels-above/template_css.php?c=1&view=form

There are nor rules.

I am still bussy putting the website online with abkeeba backup. My internet connection is very slow. so it will take another 20 min.

Thank you for your help.

Okay the website is online http://www.millstaettersee.net/index.php/urlaubs-anfrage

As you can see in firebug. no rules are in template_css.php?c=1&view=form

I can send you the admin and password to check it out from the back end ....

** Come to think of it, I have another website where I have the same problem. Just tried to change something in template_css.php but it does not work. (button border set to 10px.)

Seems to be a permission issue (no difference if your site is called with default templates http://www.millstaettersee.net/index.php/urlaubs-anfrage?layout=default&template=beez5)

<link type="text/css" href="http://www.millstaettersee.net/components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/mine/custom_css.php?c=1&view=form" rel="stylesheet"><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access /components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/mine/custom_css.php
on this server.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
</body></html>

</link>

Permission Issue:
I checked on the permission set and it is for each template folder: 755
in the folder:
default.php 644
default_group.php 644
default _relateddata.php 644
templat_css.php 644
custome_css.php 644
etc. all files are on 644

I changed them on my local server all to 777 but it stills trows the error.

Any Ideas?
Components installed are:
Sobipro
Akeeba backup
Akeeba Admin Tools - I deinstalled it but it doesn't make a difference.

What are your php settings (see Site/System Information/php settings)?
Safe mode should be off.

Fresh Joomla Installation doesn#t help!

I thought maybe there is a conflict with other components.
So I installed a fresh joomla 2.5.9 with fabrikar 3.0.6.3

Still the template_css.php is not loading

"NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - http://www.millstaettersee.net/fabrikar/components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/default/template_css.php?c=1&view=form"

I installed a fresh joomla 2.5.9 with fabrikar 3.0.5.2
The same mistake.

The mistake happens as well on my local server and my remote server. They both use appache....

Please help this is getting urgent.
Maybe somebody can try a fresh installation as well and see if there is the same mistake.

Thank you,
Mostlyseven

It's definitly not the normal server behaviour.

I assume it's something like mod_security or htaccess settings on your server(s) which prohibits to call any php file from "outside" via URL.

There's a 403 error on any attempt to do this (any php file, not only fabrik ones) where normally the file is executed (but stopped with something like defined('_JEXEC') or die; )

Additionally on your server (link is not longer working) you have PHP 5.2.17 running, Joomla is recommending 5.3.+

On my localserver I have PHP 5.3 running.

What kind of local server do you use? what can I do about this problem? There mus be other people who have the same problem since Xamp is a very popular server, No?

Hi Troester, thank you very much for trying.

How can it be that on two different servers the same mistake happens?
I never changed anything on the server settings, not locally and not on my remote server. This is driving me mad! All the other components are running just fine, except Fabrikar......
I have written to my remote server, but that still doesn't explain why the local server is showing the same behaviour. Did you try installing a fresh joomla with fabrikar?

Can anybody please come up with a solution.

Thank you.

Mostlyseven

Are you running an original Joomla installation (from joomla.org or jGerman.de) or some pre-configurated "bundle" (e.g. template including Joomla and maybe security settings)?

Admintools from Akeeba backup was the curlpit! .htaccess

;D Troester,
First of all thank you very very much for your kind help. I am sorry to wasted your time (and mine). You where absolute right!!! It was the .htaccess! Admintool creates its own htaccess and in there is something that doesn't allow to load a .php file from outside. I am yet to contact them. This same .htaccess file was interfering with the PHP version. By deleting it everything worked fine!

UPDATE: gave permission to components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl to be loaded and now every thing is fine.

Have a nice day!

Thank you so much!
Mostlyseven

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back