can't get fusionchart to work

Goldo911

Hello. I think I did things as per the book...

got the latest Fabrik 3.2.2 from Github. Noticed in plugins/fabrik_vizualization/fusionchart there was already some stuff and especially a libs (with an s) folder.

Anyway, followed the instruction: it was instructed that there should be a lib (no s, at least in the wiki) folder so I created it. Fusionchart free 2.2 is not available anymore coz they don't maintain it, but I found some @ http://sourceforge.net/projects/fusioncharts/

Then I unzipped it into newly created lib folder.

Of course I did not forget the purge cache and plugin discovery etc to make sure everything was taken into account, and as a matter of fact I know am able to use fusionchart vizualisation.

I generated a very simple list and tried to map it, seemed to go fine but:I get a 500 Error when I try to display the chart

Does anybody see what I did wrong ?
- do we really need to install any separate stuff when we have installed from git the latest 3.3.2 ?
- is there a typo and should I have installed it in libs and not in lib ?

Sorry for my ignorance => but I am learning -) And Thx to you all

Got some progress, now I do not get an error 500, but whatever list I link it too in the fusionchart setup I get 'no data to display' as a result. Tried to change a lot get always the same result... Getting lost...

Any clue ?

just an add-on which may be helpfull or not: I have copied all the fusionchart content (that I had put in a 'lib' folder) in the 'libs' folder on top of the fabrik standard github install. But still stuck with 'no data to display' stuff. I anybody has ever successfully used fusionchart and can give rtorres and myself some hint, you will be our hero !! :)

Displayed the source code for my chart using my browser in editor mode. First of all, it clearly references libs/ and not lib/ folder so I assume I was right putting everything in libs/. then looking at the setDataXML below, and having read the doc of fusionchart, I understand that it is normal my chart rendres nothing since there should be captions such as Data =... and Value =... in the arguments.

=> I think this is therefore not related to fusionchart itself, the swf plugin seems to work properly, but more to the interface between Fabrik plugin and the site database, that does not seem to return anything...

If this can help anybody with a little bit of knowledge to let me know what a potential solution may be ? Did I forget a specific parameter isomewhere in my site's of Fabrik's setup to have this plugin working ?

I've got all the interfaces, it simply does not want to do the job.

Heeeeelp ? :(

<!-- START Script Block for Chart STACKEDCOLUMN2D1 -->

<

divid="STACKEDCOLUMN2D1Div">

Chart.

</

div>

<

scripttype="text/javascript">

var chart_STACKEDCOLUMN2D1 = new FusionCharts("http://www.groupe-maestra.com/plugi...ts/FCF_StackedColumn2D.swf?ChartNoDataText=No data to display.", "STACKEDCOLUMN2D1", "300", "200", "0", "0", "","noScale","EN");

//Provide entire XML data using dataXML method

chart_STACKEDCOLUMN2D1.setDataXML(
"<graph caption='' palette='1' formatNumber='0' formatNumberScale='0' showhovercap='0' ><categories ></categories></graph>");

chart_STACKEDCOLUMN2D1.render(
"STACKEDCOLUMN2D1Div");

</

script>

<!-- END Script Block for Chart STACKEDCOLUMN2D1 -->

I've got a potential explanation to my problem rtorres:

I browed through the source code and noticed that the scripts refer to the folder libs/fusionchartfree/etc
I had unpacked the content of fusionchartfree folder straight into libs/, so I think I miss un intermmediate folder. I'll give it a try tonight and let you know if I get any improvement this way...

Keep you posted

well. Whatever I try, it is not getting anybette. No Data to display message. both with fudion chart default anf Free2.2.

Same table with standard charts displays fine. Not with Fusion chart. My view remains, that for whatever reason xml data is not carried out when rendering the chart.

Stuck... Can't diagnose much more. Through the forum I've seen that some people were able to use fusioncharts, but I can't imagine how they did / what I did wrong...

This is frustrating. Anyone ? I feel lonely on this forum -)

i think i know what is the problem... Im still thinking the plugin is going to work like Excel,,,

I manage to draw a simple bar graphic... but the plug needs numbers to plot... I?ve been giving it strings (things that cant draw), i used fields with numers like weight, and tadaaa i got my first plot drawn...

what Im working now is how to provide it with the series that I need, i mean Now Im creating the SQL?s that are going to retrieve the data i want to plot..
and how to integrate them into fabrikar ... so far is what i got,,

ok, so if I understand well so far you've been using Fusionchart as a standalone solution, and you still did not use the Fabric plugin to link an SQL table or view to a chart.

That's where the matter is for me. I have no doubt FusionChart works standalone, you just need to open the index.html file provided with it to check it. My problem is, as soon as I link it to a list linked to a database table (with 2 lines and 2 columns with numbers, selecting the second column as dataset) I always get No data to return. Whereas if I take the same data with std chart I get it working fine.

My Pb is, I need combination of stacked 2D bars and lines, and std chart won't do it, where FusionChart seems to be able to do it... If it worked of course.

My biggest problem is there are people on the forum who managed to have it working apparently, but whatever I try I can't make it happen...

OK. FORGET ABOUT ME !!! I must be dumb...

I decided to restart from scratch. deinstalled fusionchart, reupdated from Github both default plus the free 2.2 release, reinstalled it, refreshed cache, recreated my views.

NOW IT WORKS. Probably have screwed up some sequence when I did it the first time.

Sorry all for the annoyance on the forum. Maybe it can help anyone later on. Rationale is, if something is not working - at all - in Fabrik, most of the times it's related to having done something wrong during the install steps.

My apologies for all my spams.:(

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back