Can't get update_col plugin to work fully

Rusty10

Hi All,

Please can you help on the update_col plugin. The plugin has been installed from the latest Git (cc2d52493d) on the 14/12/11. I can select the plugin from the tab on the list view, select which column i need to update and enter its new value, enter a button name and update message in the back end. When the view link is selected for the relevant list, a button (two circular blue arrows) is shown next the the red "x" of the delete button on the form. No label appears when the mouse is placed over the button. When the button is clicked, all of the checkboxes are filled with a tick and the screen returns to the main lists view in the back end. The relevant column is not updated.

cheers

I can confirm this behavior in the backend.

In frontend it's working partly:
column is updated, update message is ok

no button label is shown
and really bad: if no record is selected and the "update column" in the header is clicked ALL records are ticked and updated!

hello

No label appears when the mouse is placed over the button.
I've fixed that @github

When the button is clicked, all of the checkboxes are filled with a tick and the screen returns to the main lists view in the back end. The relevant column is not updated.
I can't replicate this now with the latest code, can you update and check if it still occurs? If so can you point me at the page so I can test why the javascript is selecting all the records?

thx
Rob

Hi Rob,

Will download and test within the next hour or so and post the results. I will send pm with login details if unsuccessful

cheers

Hi Rob,

Have installed latest git and labels now appears as per your fix. Button and outcome still as before. I have sent you a pm with link and login details as equested.

Cheers

and really bad: if no record is selected and the "update column" in the header is clicked ALL records are ticked and updated!
Same problem after GitHub update.

More problems:
1. with Joomla cache set to ON, frontend

Update_col updates the element (and shows the update message) but list view shows the OLD values, details/form view showing also cached ones. Reload and browser cache clear doesn't help, you have to clear Joomla cache com_fabrik.
Also after modifying the update_col the button label shows the old label, but the element is updated to the new value (success message also showing the new one).
After clearing J! cache all is consistent.

2. J! cache off (didn't test with cache on)
Adding a second update_col overrides the update settings from the first one (only the values in the popup, button label and success message are ok)

Minor problem:
modifying the update_col you can't click the select button twice (display becomes grayed, you must reload)

2. J! cache off (didn't test with cache on)
Adding a second update_col overrides the update settings from the first one (only the values in the popup, button label and success message are ok)
I can't seem to replicate this now, is it still an issue for you?

Minor problem:
modifying the update_col you can't click the select button twice (display becomes grayed, you must reload)
Yup this is a J bug in its modal code, I had a patch that I need to work on to submit for inclusion at some point.

the cache should now be cleared when the plugin is run, which should resolve the cache issues you were seeing

-Rob

Cache seems ok now.

Issues:
Ticking the update-col button in the header is still ticking and updating ALL rows if no row checkbox was selected (no message "please select row" as for delete)

You can't add a second update_col plugin with the same access level: the "select" will override the "select" of the first plugin.

Default access is the alphabetical first access level (I assume it's 0 as it has been/is at some other places)

Feature request:
it would be nice if the "selected" element/update-value could be seen without having to click the "select" (same with "show in list" and "prefilters" in the menu item)

Second plugin is ok now.
But still this one
Ticking the update-col button in the header is still ticking and updating ALL rows if no row checkbox was selected (no message "please select row" as for delete)
This is in the frontend.

Update_col in the backend isn't working: clicking on the button the checkbox (or ALL checkboxes if it's the header button) are ticked, but then you are redirected to the lists' listing without update.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back