Cascading Dropdown

telnor1sop!

hello, im doing a dynamic dropdown, can someone help me with the next homework.

a need to do a dropdown named "SECTIONS" that when you select a option, another dropdown shows up with all the "CATEGORYS" of that sections, and went you select a option from the CATEGORYS dropdown, another dropdown shows up with all the "ARTICLES".

Can someone help me with a tip or a example.
Thanks.

Hello, i have done all that was in the link that you show me, and it works fine, thanks, but i have another problem.

When a put Javascript code in the second dropdown (CATEGORYS) to do the same as the first one (SECTIONS) it doesn't work, any javascript code that I put dosen't work in the CATEGORYS dropdown to bring me all the articles.

Can you help me :(

***Israel***

BTW ... if you have the option to run Joomla 1.5, you may want to consider moving to that, so you can run Fabrik 2.0. Although 2.0 is still in Beta, we are rapidly closing in on a stable release ... and we have a "Cascading Dropdown" element type built in to 2.0, which makes this kind of thing a lot easier!

You might at least want to set up a J! 1.5 test install, and see if Fabrik 2.0 works for you.

-- hugh

Hello Hugh
I have run all the events, the only one working is the ONLOAD event, the others events are noth working

*** Israel****

Can you point me at the front end form? Set the JS action trigger to onchange. I'd like to see what the actual code looks like on the page.

-- hugh

Haven't played with it at all, but you said you've installed Joomla 1.5, did you also install the latest SVN of Fabrik 2? Not Fabrik 1?

James and Susan

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back