Cascadingdropdown in Fabrik 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmackay

Hi

I registered for Bronze support so I could get this plugin - have watched the tutorial which is for Fabrik 2 and can't figure out how to setup a cascading dropdown in Fabrik 3. Have searched for documentation with no luck. Is there a tutorial or detailed step by step documentation on how to use this plugin in Fabrik 3?

Joomla 2.5.4 and fabrik 3.0.6

I think the tutorial for cascading drop down for fabrik2 holds good for Fabrik3 as well. You need to follow the same process as shown in that tutorial and it should work.

If you can put here your details setting if any you have attempted and couldn't succeed, you can narrate it here or post a snapshot so that anybody can help you out.

OK - I figured it out - I was trying to use existing tables which doesn't work - when I created a new list it all worked as advertised.

Actually this is something I was going to raise as I believe with databasejoins you can see all tables in the database whereas cascading dropdowns you only see the tables imported or created in Fabrik.

There are actual reasons for that, BTW. Tables you use in CDD's have to be "known" to Fabrik, for a couple of gory technical reasons.

-- hugh

Well I did half expect that, but you know I like to hear all the gory details.

It was only something I happened to spot the other day whilst creating a new CCD demo. The tables I was using were already filled and were never going to be updated so I found no reason to import them into Fabrik.... well until I discovered that I couldn't see them. :)

I wasn't entirely sure though if this was by design, but now I know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back