CDD & DBJOIN problem in repeatable group

dimoss

Hi

It seems that the CDD and DBJOIN elements doesn't record the value in the db when it's on a repeatable group and there is at least one more dbjoin or cdd element.
I use the latest Git version of F!3.0.9 and J!2.5.14.

I tried with a simple field element and works ok.

Thanks

Continuing my 1st post I saw that even I had a not empty validation in both elements which are on the repeatable group, the form is saved even if I don't put anything in these two elements!!

Still looking, I seem to have run across some other issues in my two join torture test forms on my main 3.0 test site. Trying to work out if some un-committed code I have is affecting it or not. I was working on that validation issue you mentioed a few weeks ago - I at least know why it's happening, I just apparently haven't found a fix for it yet. I thought I'd solved it, but I may have just made things worse. So I probably need to just stash those changes, get back to a vanilla github version, and try again.

Anyway, working on it. Oh, and btw, you pointed at your test site in Skype, but didn't give me any clue as to which form / front end page I need to look at.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh

Thanks for answering.
Looking more at these issues I discovered that the first problem with the CDD and DBJOIN not recording in the db solved! I just deleted a redundant element php validation and it worked!
However the second problem with the non empty validation which pass even if I don't choose nothing persists!!
I Skyped you also the form and the front end page.

OK, cool. I wasn't able to replicate that first issue, so I'm glad you tracked it down.

The validation issue is know, there's a github issue for it (I can't offhand find it right now, but I know there is one), and I'm working on it. As explained in previous response, I know where the problem is, and thought I had a solution, which I've been testing locally for a week or two, but last night I found some problems with my fix, and need to work through those.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back