CDD not working when not saving to database

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfquestiaux

I have a kind of search form that does not record to database.
If I put a CDD in it, the spinning wheel turns without end and no option in the CDD is accessible.

If I put the exact same element in another form that saves to database, the CDD works fine, so I guess the issue with the first one is that I don't save the data in the database.

Maybe there is a reason for this and this is not possible to change: if this is the case, I could use a databasejoin element instead of the CDD IF there would be some way to use placeholder in the "Joins where and/or order by statement (SQL)" box, so I could have something like "WHERE {thistable}.plan_id = {___item_id_raw}".
I tried but got a MySQL error.

If it is possible to fix the CDD, then it would be nice to have the "Description field" option like we have in the databasejoin element to add some info when the user picks an option in the CDD (rendered as dropdown).

This has been tested with GitHub 613

the cdd should now work in a form not storing to the database.

Not sure you could use placeholders in a form that is not storing to the database as there is no data to replace with :)

If it is possible to fix the CDD, then it would be nice to have the "Description field"
I agree but probably after an initial stable release

We need to focus on fixing what we have to get it to a stable point for a release candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back