Content plug-in problem with element data

menno

Hi All

after a recent Git update fabrik view=element stopped working.
fabrik view=list and fabrik view=form are OK as far as I can see.

something went wrong?

mno

J 3.1.1 F 3.1 php 5.3.3

Friendly bump

{fabrik view=element list=7 rowid=4 element=mytabel___elementname}

is still not working.
It worked in de Git update of May 11 but it was broken in the update i did on May 14.
For me this is quite important to have this working again.

TIA
mno

rob
but something remarkable happened after your fix.
<h2>{fabrik view=element list=7 rowid=4 element=programmaas___soort}</h2> now displays double:
Cursus
Cursus
In it self it is almost a miracle that a view is able to display the value from the lookup table in stead of the corresponding integer that is in list 7.

You can see it in http://www.sterrenkind.com/sk/index.php/babymassage
The element is a databasejoin.
Page source in Firefox tells this:
<h2><span class="fabrikTip" opts='{"formTip":true,"position":"top","trigger":"hover","notice":true}' title="">Cursus</span><div class="dbjoin-description"><div style="display:" class="notice description-1">Cursus</div><div style="display:none" class="notice description-2">Lezing</div><div style="display:none" class="notice description-3">Opleiding</div><div style="display:none" class="notice description-4">Workshop</div></div></h2>
I played with al kind of settings but without result.
Maybe only the fabrik magician can solve this?

mno

seems like a tip is trying to be included.
I tried replicating locally, but was unable to reproduce the same issue.
I couldn't access your site's admin using the username you supplied in http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites/ to see exactly what combination of options produces that effect.
Could you update those so that I can log into the admin and see exactly what options induce this behaviour?

rob
Thanks for the time you are investing

Can't see my sites information that I added a few weeks ago.
However I was able to add new and that was I did.
Hope you can see it.
Shouldn't it be visible in my fabrik account?

mno

I just fixed the tip issue which may or not be related to this issue, so try updating.

For the fabrik sites, not sure - Hugh's altering the links and for me they one under our avatars don't work now, so I'm going directly to http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites/ which does work.

rob
Thanks Rob

MyFabriksites are working fine now!

"I just fixed the tip issue which may or not be related to this issue, so try updating."

Updating is a little bit difficult now the wiki is off-line. I'm used to update from the Github link in the mainpage. Is there another way?

mno

rob
found a way to Git's update zip, put it into place and it didn't make much difference, but the code changed.

form the one line in the article:
<h2>{fabrik view=element list=7 rowid=4 element=programmaas___soort}</h2>
now came a dbjoin-description instead of FormTip messade as before.
<h2>Cursus <div class="dbjoin-description"><div style="display:" class="notice description-1">Cursus</div><div style="display:none" class="notice description-2">Lezing</div><div style="display:none" class="notice description-3">Opleiding</div><div style="display:none" class="notice description-4">Workshop</div></div></h2>
Then I had the idea to once more go through all the settings of the element.
I have it in 4 different lists all pointing to the same table.
I put them all four in an article and saw that only once the element had this problem.
By compare and adjusting the settings I found that in Details -> Advanced in Description field 'soort' (the name of the element) was selected.
Changing it to 'Please select' solved the problem.

So, problably no further investigation needed.

thanks for your help.
mno

BTW, I have a feeling putting plugin calls within heading tags may cause complications.

If you continue to experience strange behavior, try putting the {fabrik ...} call by itself, with no surrounding HTML tags.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh for this advice.

In my articles I put elements in <div>'s to give them a fixed place in the layout. I can of course add some formatting e.g. font-size and color in de div's part in the template and that way achieve the same goal.
Will that be less risky, you think?
I'm corious to hear

mno

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back