Create a little "latest 5 records" module

forumryder

Rank noob here. I just want a little feed for my front page that shows users the latest 5 records added to a list, just the fields (one of which links to the detail view), no buttons or filters. Like an RSS feed or Joomla's Latest Articles module. I tried it with Fabrik's List Module but it shows everything and besides won't let me choose elements (element list is blank for some mysterious reason). I could do this with another Joomla extension like Tabulizer, but I figure it can be done w/ Fabrik. Thanks for any help.

You should be able to set elements, ordering and prefilter directly in the list module setting.

If this is not working:
Copy the list, set ordering, set prefilter, disable elements you don't need, set access...
and use this list in the list module

You should be able to set elements, ordering and prefilter directly in the list module setting.

If this is not working:
Copy the list, set ordering, set prefilter, disable elements you don't need, set access...
and use this list in the list module

I should be able to, yes. But the list module won't let me choose any elements. When I copied the list and did as you suggested, I ran into exactly the same problem. With no elements, only buttons get displayed by the module. Hence if somebody knows why my element selection dropdown in the list module is blank, then the rest will be easy. Pls let me know if you have any thoughts on that.

Trying a different approach at the moment via RSS. Elements can be chosen to display in an RSS feed. They will, but it looks like Fabrik delimits them with a line feed, so that the record is fragmented vertically. Guess that can be fixed after some digging in the weeds.

OK, I don't know WHAT I did, but now I can select elements in the List Module elements dropdown!

Problem solved. Thanks again.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back