Create new users via import CSV & juser

Hey there,

Thanks for the follow up (sorry for my delay?I wasn't getting the reply notifications; checked my spam folder and boom, there they were)...

Anyway, I've attached a screenshot of the code I've got. I checked for those errors (missing semi-colon, etc.) initially thinking the same thing, but unless I'm a completely blind dolt, I didn't see any.

The only thing I can think of is that I'm specifying the user elements incorrectly (this is why I'm attaching the screenshot). If you could take a look and let me know if it looks right (or not), I'd appreciate it. My understanding was that the "$csv_user->username_element = 'changethis___username';" should be something like, "$csv_user->username_element = 'databasetablename___fieldname'"... or more specifically to the screenshot, "$csv_user->username_element = 'gant_employees___email'", since we wanted to use the email as the username (in this example, at least).

Thanks much!

Cheers

Kyle

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-12-20 at 11.03.31 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-12-20 at 11.03.31 AM.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 378
Okay, making some progress. I thought we were to be pulling from the J! 3 branch from Github, but realized that the commit dates were pretty old, so I re-updated all the files from the master branch and am getting errors again (something's better than nothing, #amiright?!)

Anyway, here's the errors I'm starting to get now:

Strict Standards: Declaration of PlgFabrik_ListListcsv::button() should be compatible with that of PlgFabrik_List::button() in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 27 Warning: Missing argument 2 for PlgFabrik_ListListcsv::button(), called in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/components/com_fabrik/models/pluginmanager.php on line 636 and defined in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 52 Warning: Missing argument 3 for PlgFabrik_ListListcsv::button(), called in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/components/com_fabrik/models/pluginmanager.php on line 636 and defined in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 52 Notice: Undefined variable: model in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 54 Notice: Undefined variable: args in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 54 Warning: Missing argument 2 for PlgFabrik_ListListcsv::button(), called in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/components/com_fabrik/models/pluginmanager.php on line 636 and defined in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 52 Warning: Missing argument 3 for PlgFabrik_ListListcsv::button(), called in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/components/com_fabrik/models/pluginmanager.php on line 636 and defined in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 52 Notice: Undefined variable: model in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 54 Notice: Undefined variable: args in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 54 Warning: Missing argument 2 for PlgFabrik_ListListcsv::button(), called in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/components/com_fabrik/models/pluginmanager.php on line 636 and defined in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 52 Warning: Missing argument 3 for PlgFabrik_ListListcsv::button(), called in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/components/com_fabrik/models/pluginmanager.php on line 636 and defined in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 52 Notice: Undefined variable: model in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 54 Notice: Undefined variable: args in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 54

This is on the list page itself (pre-import). This next error is thrown during import:

Strict Standards: Declaration of PlgFabrik_ListListcsv::button() should be compatible with that of PlgFabrik_List::button() in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 27 Warning: Missing argument 2 for PlgFabrik_ListListcsv::eek:nImportCSVRow(), called in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/components/com_fabrik/models/pluginmanager.php on line 636 and defined in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 67 Strict Standards: Non-static method JFilterInput::clean() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 69 Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/examplesite.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/listcsv.php on line 69

Hope this helps :)

Let me know your thoughts when you have them.

Thanks much!

so I re-updated all the files from the master branch
If you are running Fabrik3.1 (this is 3.1 forum) you MUST use the GitHub Joomla3 branch.
The line numbers in your error messages don't match with the current GitHub joomla3-branch code.

BTW: you should set Joomla error reporting to maximum, not to development (StrictStandard messages are not very helpful).

Hi Troester,

Thanks for the follow up. We were on 3.1 until the RC release and J! update came out... Then we updated. This thread was started prior to that update. I'd be happy to start a new thread and reference this one if you'd like?just let me know what would work best.

Thanks much!

Cheers

Kyle

Fabrik3.1 means all Fabrik3.1 versions from 3.1b to 3.1rc2 (+ current GitHub).
If you are updating Fabrik3.1rc2 from GitHub you must use the joomla3 GitHub branch.

Hi Troester,

Okay, thanks for the clarification?I had been doing that originally, which resulted in the blank page issue mentioned previously. I'll revert to that. That said, I brought this issue up previously, and was told that the blank white page is an issue with a "bug" in the code (common knowledge generally)... I rechecked everything multiple times, had someone else check the code, all to no avail.

Not sure what more I can tell you with the issue (don't know if you'd want to take a look for yourself or not), but I'm happy to provide whatever additional details I can.

Let me know your thoughts on this when you have a moment.

Thanks much!

Cheers

Kyle

Hi Troester,

Yes, I realize that?that's because I was trying everything?the last attempt being pulling code from the master branch.

I just re-updated to the J3-branch for the ListCSV plugin. Doing so results in a blank white page when attempting to import the CSV file with our list data and creating users from it. I've taken a screenshot of the original file and our modified file for the user import data. Hugh and others said I probably messed something up with the modification, but I really don't think that I did... Feel free to double check that if you can / want... I'm hoping it's really just a stupid error on my part (be easier to fix if it was)....

Any additional thoughts, please let me know?I'm very grateful to all the help thus far.

Thanks much!

Cheers

Kyle

Attachments

• original_user_import.png
    original_user_import.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 347
  • rc_modified_import.png
    rc_modified_import.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 348
Hi
I think the example scripts suffered from not having been updated since we altered several things with the plugin handling in 3.1 - I've now updated the script with this commit https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/0136681bfa3c300dd1c5dde2387e0cbbf8d4f2de (still the joomla3 branch)
If you could update from that it should work. If you are still getting a white screen then you should follow the steps here : http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/reporting-bugs/#i-ve-got-a-whitescreen-what-next

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update and all the help, it's relieving to be making some progress!

I've updated all the files in the "listcsv" folder, per your changes (even the listcsv.php file from the root listcsv folder, per ~25min. ago), and, I think we've made some progress :)

I still get an error, but it's finally one that I've never seen, and it seems like it should be "easy" to fix. Here's what I get:

Fatal error: Cannot access protected property ImportCSVCreateUser::$password_element in /var/www/vhosts/gantite.rcdemosites.com/plugins/fabrik_list/listcsv/scripts/rc_user_import.php on line 69

Thanks again for all the help thus far!

Cheers

Kyle

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the follow up on this! Everything appears to be working now?thanks to you, Hugh, and troester?I appreciate all your help in getting this working!!

Cheers

Kyle

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back