Cropping the image and Ajax upload

sales2010

Hello,

I found that if i use the fileupload elment with the option "Ajax upload" activated and i don't press the button "Start upload" before submitting the form, the file will be uploaded to the server but the image will not be cropped, only the thumbnail will be created.

That lead to a problem with displaying the image in form. The setting for this element is "Cropped, then thumbnail then full size", but in form i can't see the thumbnail created.

If i press "Start upload" before "Save", then the image is cropped and displayed in form. Can i set the option "Start upload" to be mandatory or better, it is possible to display the thumbnail even if there is no cropped image?

Thank you

For me the crop image is created when I save the form without specially pressing the "start upload button", its just using the default image coordinates, so if your upload image is smaller than the crop window you may get a blank/white cropped image saved

Hello Rob,

The size of uploaded images is 1024x768px and i set the with and height below those values. If you want, you can test it here (see my "Site" for login data for Super User access, the group is named "Solicitari").

Rob, can you activate the option "Ajax validation" in your form? I found that if this option is activated, the file is uploaded but not cropped, but if i disable it, then everything work fine, the image is uploaded and cropped

Update: In my case, because the image element is the last in form, any other validation has been triggered untill i uploaded the images. I accidentally discovered that if the option "Ajax validation" is triggered from another element, then the file is uploaded and cropped without pressing the button "Start upload"

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back