Crowd Funding Features

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/fabrik-and-webservice.42940/#post-218610

I cannot comment on the above thread because of insufficient privileges.

It would be great to have a poll for feature request. and people can contribute towards that features by paying, say, a $5 minimum and if the target price is obtained, then the feature is implemented.

It may be that the feature is not popular but 5 people think it is and pay enough to get it done.

I'll looking at using Fabrik for backend and html frontend.

But also provide a:
- ios client and
- android client

Hence there needs to be someway to retrieve fabrik output via json or some API.

It is possible now?

If not, can we put up a crowd funding poll for this feature, I'm sure we can get enough peopl willing to pay for this feature.

Thanks
Ed

Crowd funding is something we are seriously considering at the moment, and working out the best way to go about it.

-- hugh

Haven't forgotten, but no timeline on anything yet. Lots of administrivia has to happen to enable any kind of crowd funding.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

I am talking to the JBackend guys, Luigi.

It seems he is happy to do the work and provide integration with Fabrik.

He ask me a question I cannot really answer, as good as you.

Can you point me in the right direction, so I can push this forward.

cheers
Ed

>>>>
Hi,
could you please prepare and send me a list of API functions you would like to have for Fabrik?

Thanks,

Luigi
info@selfget.com
>>>

eg.
https://www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30/sobipro-module-api.html

There's not really a direction I can point you in. That's the bulk of the hard work in building a RESTful API ... defining the API itself. Implementing it is just a SMOP (Simple Matter of Programming).

-- hugh

Hi,

I'm digging up this thread because I'm in the process to write a web service on a Fabrik's made joomla site.
My aim is to allow external programs (laptop, smartpthones, others web site, etc...) to access data which are currently available through interactive navigation by user.
Basically, it is the content of a Fabrik's list without pagination (around 1500 rows, 30 fields on each) with some filter on date.
It could be easily done through the standard Fabrik's scheme of url parameters but :
  • I need an authentication process and the capacity to manage and revoke the API keys,
  • I need a non paginated json stream as the answer (I think it's already available ?),
  • I want to keep a log of the inquiries,
  • I want a "professional" solution,
  • I don't want any hack of Joomla nor Fabrik,
  • I'd prefer using already existing solutions even partially or standard J! solution.
As far as I know there is no (yet ?) solution using standard J! / Fabrik functionalities.
It appears to me that the jBackend tool is doing much of the job regarding managing KEY, logging, providing Auth, etc...
Their documentation (https://www.selfget.com/documentation/jbackend-joomla30/developers-guide.html )sounds that it could be pretty easy to write a plugin giving access to a fabrik's list.
I understand that the big deal is to build the list of the API functions which could be tremendous if we want to mimic all the Fabrik's interactive possibilities.
In my case, as a starting point, it would be pretty simple (readonly):
  • plugin parameter : list id, date filtering field name
  • API Primitive : get all rows, get all rows past the given date.
It'd be nice to have a Fabrik plugin in this page https://www.selfget.com/downloads/category/9-jbackend.html, at least a minimal one. I could consider funding some of this work.

Of course, everything could be done inside Fabrik (Key management, log, setting parameters) as the jBackend solution is a paid one (however pretty reasonable : 14?) but still open source. Pretty much work to do anyway to mimic an already existing component, no ?

Glad to here any technical feedback on this. Especially if some one has already some experience with jBackend and Fabrik.

Thanks,

Laurent

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back