custom heading for filter on field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple filters on my site. 3 out of 4 is not a big deal because those 3 are not in the list view.. They are only to filter the list (hidden)... so i can change heading label as needed.

Now i have a field called status. I would like to leave the heading in the list view as status. But on the filter table to the left I want it to display Filter 2: Union/NonUnion/Core.

Is this possible to do? And if so how. I don't see any options to do so within the options of the element. Thanks

I would like such an option, too.

At least I would prefer to have the element label as filter label and not the list heading (which is usually a shortened one).

yes that is exactly what i would need. A place to define a separate filter label plus the normal list label... Guess it doesn't exist, hmmm

So do you actually need a third heading option, so you have the main element label, the alternate list heading label, and a filter label? Or would what Troester suggested of it using the element label instead of the list label be OK?

not sure i understand. I currently have "Status" for my second list column. On the filters to the left, i would like to be able to put Filter 2: Status and have column 2 remain status. That would be what I would need however I can accomplish that.

OK, I'm slightly confused. Can you grab a screenshot, and annotate it, so I can be totally sure of what you need?

BTW, for taking screenshots and doing annotations, I find FireShot (a browser addon) by far the easiest and quickest way to do it. Despite the name, it actually now works in all browsers, not just FF. If you don't already use it ... give it a go.

http://getfireshot.com/

-- hugh

see image... Red I would like to be able to do something like this Filter 2: (Core/Union/NonUnion) for the title...

The yellow I want to remain status. Since the Status filter in red is a filter based on the field Status in yellow, I cannot make two different headings. If i change it it changes in both places.

hopefully that makes sense...

Attachments

• custom-headings.jpg
    custom-headings.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 205
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.