Database Join Element Feature Enhancement

Ninpo

In the database join element you have the capability of creating a where clause and a filter where, this is great but very restrictive. I also understand that the "Filter Where" is a WIP. I was playing with this feature and I noticed that the "Filter Where" just appends to the "Join Where" clause with an "and" between each statement. In my situation I need 2 separate where clauses, one for the element on the form and one for the filter interface in filters and advanced search.

So here is what I am thinking; would it be possible to add a dropdown for the integration statement between each where clause to specify how you want the "Join Where" and "Filter Where" to interact? I.e. Maybe have 3 options;
  • "And Join" - This is default behavior.
  • "Or Join"
  • "Separate - No Join" - This would not use the "Join Where" clause in the filters and only use the "Filter Where" clause for filters if the "Filter Where" is present.
Being forced to use only "and" is very restrictive. If the user is given a choice of join method between each where clause, it would make for a much more flexible element.

It would be possible, but it'd have to be funded. Our basic rule of thumb is that if there's a feature we think would be useful to about 80% or more of our users, we'll do our best to add it. If it's something that only a handful of people have ever asked for (in this case I think you are the only person to ever ask for it), it has to be done as paid work. We simply can't afford to spend the time coding up features that only a few people need, without earning anything.

-- hugh

I also find a bit difficult on grouping as fabrik is currently support single column grouping only!
(This is a kind of spam message for posting a new thread only)

Also, I would really happy and be obliged if anyone would help me on the following matter with search form creation!
====================
Dear All,
I am new to Fabrik but I feel so happy to work with this product indeed.
Fabrik has almost all I need for a community site that helps manage community's agricultural products.
However, I found a bit of problem as data is expanding so quickly. My Case is as following:

Input: I have a 3 tables to manage administrative units around Vietnam
tblProvinces (ID, Name): for managing 64 provinces;
tblDistricts (ID, Province_Id, Name): for managing around 700 districts belonged to those provinces;
tblCommunes (ID, District_Id, Name): for managing around 14,000 communes belong to those previous districts; and
tblOrganisations (ID, Commune_Id, Name): for managing thousand of entities (government's bodies, enterprises, groups of household ...etc) belonged to each of commune said above;

Problems:
+ I created a list for Organisation that Left-Joined with Commune, district, province tables and forms, element created as well.
+ I would like the Commune_ID element has value to be searched using a Popup form (to be opened by clicking Select button nearby this element) with province drop-down, district and commune as cascading drop-downs (Of course this can be done also on the Organisation Form with cascading drop-down) so that the list of commune will not be loaded with thousand of records.
However, I don't know how to deal with this matter!
Can you please extend some helps to me on this matter with thanks!
Thank you very much for your attention and I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon.
Dang Dinh Ngoc from Vietnam
Email: ngocdd(at)sfdp.net

It would be possible, but it'd have to be funded. Our basic rule of thumb is that if there's a feature we think would be useful to about 80% or more of our users, we'll do our best to add it. If it's something that only a handful of people have ever asked for (in this case I think you are the only person to ever ask for it), it has to be done as paid work. We simply can't afford to spend the time coding up features that only a few people need, without earning anything.

-- hugh
Dear Mr, Cheese Grits
I am from Vietnam and found fabrik to be useful,. Since I am using Fabrik for a community project in Agriculture field, there are some features that I found fabrik may be of great use if it would be revised a bit!
I would with thousand of household and they need to be selected for some purpose. If these thousands of household to be list as a datajoin element it would be a bit waste of system resource. Therefore, It would be best if I can click a button then a form will popup for selecting a household using varying filter.
As far as I learn that you would require to fund for this new feature, please assist me to quote me your expected payment with thanks.
Thank you very much for your attention! Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Yours very faithfully
Dang Dinh Ngoc
Pls keep me informed via email ngocdd@sfdp.net or reach me on skype at paulsteigel!

Hi Hugh,
Thank you very much for your reply and I applied your approach - but still some more things to be done.
I recently came across issues relating to Qr-Code. I made a template for pdf export and it work well for Godex printer. However, when I resize the Qr-Code, dompdf created only the first row with QR, the rest are all blank, no Qr-code.
Please see this for the evidence:
http://vie036.sfdp.net/xem-mã-hàng-hóa.html?resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0
So I think about 2 options:
1. To find a way to make the QR image at 90x90px so that resize would not needed! - I tried to find a way in qrcodephp packed with the component but no luck.
2. To find a solution on dompdf and figure why this thing happened!
However, as I am new to php, I can not do any of them!
Would you please support me on this aspect?
Yours very faithfully
Dang Dinh Ngoc - from Vietnam

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back