Database join shows value not CONCAT label

hjkok50

Hi,
I have a strange issue with 'CONCAT label' on a database join element. I recently updated Fabrik from 3.5 to 3.5.2 and since that time the behavior of the database join element seems to be different. When I add a new dbj element containing a 'CONCAT label" the filter dropdown and the form element dropdown works fine, but in the list the element shows the value instead of the label. When selecting a row to update, the form elelmnet doesn't show the label, but a 'select'. Yet, an existing dbj element (created pior to the update) still works fine ?!?!

I compared the PARAMS field in #_fabrik_elements of both elements and the only different values I could find where: labelindetails=0 for the new dbj-element and 1 for the old one, labelinlist=1 for both, filter_groupby='text' for the new element and -1 for the old.

I also tried to populate 'CONCAT label' with SELECT sql syntax as mentioned in other threads, but that didn't work at all.

Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I've missed that has changed?
thank you very much,

Henk

I can't replicate.
What did you select as "Value"?
Which value is stored in the DB?
What is the column type in the DB?

Hello Troester,

Thanks for the fast response.
To answer your questions:
Value= id(recommended)
the proper value is stored in the DB
the column type = int (11)

But I resolved the issue under the shower.
It turned out that I have 2 connections to the site database. (1 and 7)
When I select the 1 instead of 7 it all works oke.
I must have missed this when I compared the PARAM fields.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

BTW: I am a great fan of Fabrik and all of you working on this masterpiece !!

regards, Henk

Yes, you can't "cross join". For Fabrik two connctions are "different" even if going to the same database.

It's really not recommended to have multiple connections to the same DB; as you can see it may create all kind of issues if mixing them up.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back