Databasejoin using wrong value

creotom

Hi I have two tables that I am updating via CSV.
One is product categories and the other is part numbers and prices.

I want to be able to browse the categories and click into the realated data to see the price list table filtered by that category.

In my category table I have the following fields:
id | date_time | product_category | cat_link

In my price list table I have:
id | date_time | part_number | part_description | price | cat_link

I have set cat_link in my price list table as a Databasejoin.
This uses the cat_link field from the product category table as the value and label.

My problem is that no matter what I do the link seems to base itself on the id field from the product category table. So all the price data does not correspond when I click on the link.

I would really appreciate some help with this one please.

I think at the moment our related data code assumes that the related table uses the main tables PK as the foreign key.

I'll check the code and let you know.

-- hugh

Hmmm, yeah. We correctly detect the related table, but when we got to build the actual links, we are assuming it'll be joining to the PK of the main table.

This won't be entirely trivial to fix, but I'll see if I can do it without too much hackery on the existing code.

-- hugh

OK, this isn't a trivial fix, and I don't want to mess with that code just before we put 3.0.6 out, so I've raised a ticket with a 3.0.7 milestone on it.

-- hugh

Is there a way I can upload my product category table using the cat_link as the PK? This would save you having to hack the code.

I've tried to do it but ran into problems when I tried to change the id to a field rather than internal id.

Back