Date sorting issue

Hello,

I have a list that is sorted by the date element and then by a time element. However, I have noticed that some rows are not behaving as they should do. Please see the screenshot below. I have noticed that in MySql, the date of the records sometimes comes with a time and sometimes it doesn't. !By changing the time to 00:00:00, the sorting works. How can I correct the issue and stop having the timestamp coming with the date? I need the date without the time for this element.

Here are the settings:
MySQL table->giorno = datetime
Fabrik->element->giorno ->plugin is date
Fabrik->element->giorno->Formatting&Time->Show Time Selector=no
Fabrik->element->giorno->Store Date as UTC
Fabrik->element->giorno->List & Form Format = D j M y
Fabrik->element->giorno->List View Settings->Filter Type->Range
Fabrik->element->giorno->List View Settings->Filter Type->Exact Match= yes
Fabrik->element->giorno->List View Settings->Filter Type->Filter Data=Show All

Joomla 3.10.3
PHP version 7.4.25
Fabrik 3.10

Thank you for your help

upload_2021-11-2_11-33-28.png

upload_2021-11-2_11-56-34.png

I can't see a reason why this element would add a time part.
Do you have some other element (other list) pointing to the same table/column with different element settings?

So maybe the date with time is coming from an insert or update from one of the other lists?

How could that happen as all the other lists are a copy of the main list? Also, the records are always added using the main index. The other lists are for viewing purposes.

No idea, I don't know your setups.
Can you see based on the data in the records with date-time part (in your screenshot all "future" dates?) where they may come from?
Or some effect with failed validations?
Or some custom code?

The only explanation I can bring is that I have added 3 new fields to this list (date, beginning and end times) to replace the date-time element that I have unpublished. Then, I have copied the records from the column DateTime to the column date.
I have entered a dozen new records into this list, and the date field displays now the correct format Y-m-d 00:00:00. Now, I have to correct the 3000 rows that have the incorrect date format. Is it a quick way to update the table with the correct format? :confused:

In PhpMyAdmin backup your table!!!,
then try
UPDATE your-table SET your-date-column=date(your-date-column)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back