DBJoin Dropdown w/ Autocomplete

Judging by the Example code on that page you should be able to do this as follows:

1. Include the select2.css and select2.js in your page header. You might need a Joomla extension to help with this. (You could rename the files so that they are the ones that Fabrik loads automatically, but this doesn't feel right to me.)

2. I haven't tried it, but you might be able to use the onLoad JS action for the element to run the jQuery code needed to apply select2 to that particular dropdown.

That said, I am not sure whether there would be a JS conflict with code that Fabrik runs.

Hi Sophist,

Thanks for the follow up on this. That's kinda what I was thinking. Not sure if this is something that you guys would consider for an option on the actual field (modifying it to do this in the future), but it seems like it would provide a good compromise between the two. Anyway, I'll try it out and see how it goes :)

Thanks again!

Cheers

Kyle

Let us know how you get on.

Or if you are feeling particularly brave, you could try to enhance the databasejoin element yourself.

Hi Sophist,

Thanks, I definitely will. And, not sure if this new year has made me feel THAT brave just yet, but I'll let you know how it turns out if I give it a go ;)

Cheers!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back