Debug Joomla Component install

Hi all,

This is a bit off topic for Fabrik, but I know there are a lot of developers here who might have some ideas. We are currently on Joomla 3.8 and will be updating to 3.9 soon.

I have a component that I have been working on for the past 3 years and have never had issues with installing it. Recently I'm getting an error when updating it on Joomla. Unfortunately it's completely void of information!

upload_2019-4-10_14-31-54.png

That's it! No indication as to what it is or where.

I have tried to install with Joomla's debug turned on - no more information. I've looked at the files in the logs folder and there is nothing in any of the files there that even mentions the installation. Usually what happens is that I just keep installing/updating the component and then all of a sudden it goes through and reports "Component installed successfully" Obviously something is not kosher with the installer. I have done searches on Google and not found anything useful.

I'm not certain but it seems that this problem may have started or got worse after we upgraded to Joomla 3.8.

So my question is: HOW can I coach some more information out of Joomla when installing the component?

Any ideas or links or anything that might help? I really appreciate any comment on this as I'm stumped.

Best regards,
Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC

Maybe completely wrong, but has your server been updated to PHP7 lately?
Maybe that can be an issue.
But that doesn't explain the fact that it works now and then.

Best regards,

Filip

Hi Filip,

The server has been running PHP 7 since I started working on this project in 2016. I believe it is running 7.2. The sites are hosted by CloudAccess so it falls within their infrastructure.

Hi Troester,

This is a proprietary component we have been working on since late 2016, early 2017.

I have had some leads from the Joomla community on debugging, so I'll test those out and see what happens.

Thanks for the response :)

Best regards,
Arnor

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back