delete icon - missing [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

davree

Hello,

I have searched the forum trying to find an answer to this but there seems to be nothing that gives specifics as to how. There is this thread but no actual answer is given other than "added an entry to Less control file" - what exactly would I add to this LESS file?

I am running Joomla 3.1.1 and the latest github version of Fabrik, my template is Rockettheme Alerion - the icon is only missing in frontend.

I have added screen shots to show what I have found:

Screen shot 1 -
the delete icon is missing from the drop down menu and also in the list header
scrn_zps7167bae4.jpg

Screen shot 2 -
If I remove the "icon-minus" part of the class the delete icon re-appears
scrn1_zps57c34aa4.jpg

Where can I find this class so that I can change it?

Or is there an easier way to fix this?

I have limited knowledge in this (I am still learning!) so as much info as possible would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Dave

Is your template based on the Gantry Framework?

I am using RocketTheme Gantry, and found that there was a LESS file which was not included. When I included that, the missing icons reappeared.

S

Hi Sophist,

Yes it is based on gantry, what do you mean by a LESS file was not included? How do I include it?

Thanks

I apologise for not having provided the fine detail in my original thread.

In /templates/gantry/less/global.less I think I added an entry for jss/less/icomoon.less.

Since you are using a different template, you might need to search around for the files.

I have since updated to a later Gantry framework version which doesn't include this link but now works without it.

Hope this helps.

S

Sophist, unfortunately your suggestion does not work for me - I found the file jui/less/icomoon.less - this is already linked in the bootstrap.less in my template and as the other icons - edit and view are working fine I don't think this is the issue.

Thanks for your help, do you have any other ideas?;)

No - sorry - I think you will need to do what I did and look deep into the developer tools to work out what font and character is being triggered by the <i> tag and go from there.

I have managed to get the delete icon showing using custom css for my template using the below, with "I" being the trigger for the delete icono_O

.icon-delete:before {

content: "I";

}

I know this is not a fix for the actual issue - but it works!!

The following RocketTheme forum thread may be relevant:

http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=781&t=202397&rb_v=viewtopic

Specifically :
---------------------------------------------------------
Rockettheme uses an older version of Fontawesome that does not include any youtube linkes.
Postby Igor Mihaljko on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:17 pm
I would say that we didin't implement latest version of FontAwesome.

Check this to learn how to implement latest version of FontAwesome
index.php?f=720&t=201256&rb_v=viewtopic

---------------------------------------------------------

I tried using the solution below with the RT stratos theme, but no luck (as either css or less).

content: "I";

}

I have a feeling there is a systematic and simple way to get this done...and that it is more of an RT issue (hey, my joomlart template works great).

Thanks,

- Jay

icon-delete is not a font awesome icon! - it is an icomoon icon so updating font awesome wont make a difference.

in my solution try replacing the "I" with any other letter (for example "E" shows a questionmark icon for me)and see if an icon appears, also try "\49" which seems also to be a trigger for the X icon. So -

content: "E";

}

or

content: "\49";

}

Update on this, I recently upgraded my template to Rockettheme Stratos and this issue re-appeared. After trying my solution above it was apparent that it did not work for all templates.

I asked for a little help over at RT and I got this solution:

Create a custom CSS file for the RT template and use this code:

Code:
form.fabrikForm i.icon-delete:before {
    font-family: fontawesome !important;
}

I also found other icons missing when using RT themes, all can be fixed by using variations of the above, for example the cancel icon is missing on the export to CSV popup, which can be rectified by added the below to the custom CSS:

Code:
.modal-header i.icon-cancel:before {
    font-family: fontawesome !important;
}

hope this helps someone:)

So, do I just put these files in the less folder of my template?

sent from space using plastic cups and string

You download the files and remove the .txt so that they are called something.less.

Then you find instances of font-awesome.less in your site, and you put a copy of joomla-compat.less in that directory and then you copy the two obvious lines in my font-awesome.less into the obvious place in the existing font-awesome.less files on your site.

Then you clear the less cache so that the CSS files are rebuilt.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back