1. We apologize for the slow support at the moment. Hugh (cheesegrits) is scheduled for some major back surgery this month to repair two ruptured discs which are severely hampering his ability to work, and one of our stalwart community support members is on vacation for the month. Please bear with us.

Display a date stored as an integer in date format - How?

Discussion in 'Subscriber Support' started by SimonFinch01, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonFinch01 New Member

Level: Standard
    Hi,

I'm showing some Virtuemart data and one of the fields is a date field stored as an integer of the int(11) type. When I show this data in a table (unsurprisingly) it displays the date as a number. Is it possible to have this number displayed as normal date?

Cheers,

Simon
  2. rob Administrator

Level: Community
    Yeah I had this problem before as well.
    Luckily it was for a project using fabrik 2.0a, so all I had to do was createa new element plugin to deal with cconverting the string into a date.
    For 1.0.4 I think you will need to create a custom template and finesse the output with something like

Code (text):

<?php echo date('D d M Y', $row->tablename___elementname);?>

I've just posted in this thread an example of how to create a table template:

http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=9&topic=1435.new;topicseen#new (read right to the end of the thread cos I made a gaff with first example I posted ::) )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.