Display VirtueMart Order Data - How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonFinch01

Can anyone give me a quick walk through on how I'd get selected data from VirtueMart to show in a table?

Basically I've added an extra field for VirtueMart Customers to enter a short code in their personal details called referral-code.

Several Customers can enter the same code (it's based on a referral source). I want to create a table view to be able to show the total order values between dates grouped by referral-code.

I've tried using VirtueMart tables as the data source for a table but it pulls in all of the fields and I only want a a few.

Any ideas please?

Cheers,

Simon

First thing ... be VERY carefulif you add VirtueMart tables to Fabrik. You should either be working on a test server, or make sure you back your db up before doing any Fabrik work. If you aren't sure of what you are doing, you can end up changing the table structure, which will break VirtueMart.

If I understand what you want to do, you were on the right track. Yes, when you add an existing table to Fabrik, it will create elements for all the fields. But you can simply edit the Elements, and set the ones you don't want to not show in table view, and/or make them 'hidden' on form view. Do NOT remove the elements you don't want, as this will literally remove those columns from your VM table. Do NOT change the element names, as this will change the column names in your VM table.

You should then be able to use a combination of grouping on the table, and table filters and calculations on the elements to achieve what you want.

At the risk of repeating myself ... Do your Fabrik development work on a test server. Fabrik is very powerful, but as with all powerful tools comes risk during the learning curve. So wear your safety goggles, and keep hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times. :)

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back