displaying a detailed view with custom css as component only

Goldo911

Hello, running Joomla 3.2 with latest ad hoc Fabrik

Have a CV database with some forms where the user can edit his details, add experiences, competences, education or skills.

Have totally customized the detailed view to make things look like a 'nice' CV using tabular html template (I know tabs should be avoided in html5 at the benefit of css but that was easier to me... so far) and php code to browse and loop through the data structure and retrieve and display all I need.

So far it's fine, when I select detailed view in my profile list I've got a nice looking CV. I know there are jobshop components in JoomLa but was not too happy about them, decided to go my own route with Fabrik.

Now, what I would like to add on top:

1/ having the detailed view appearing in a separate pop-up window instead of replacing the content of my list window

2/ having the detailed view getting rid of Joomla menu etc, just want to see the content in it, heard about an option tmpl=component but don't know where / how to apply it

3/ the ultimate requirement being to be able to print the detailed view page so it can be saved to a pdf (dompdf option is too much a burden to rendre this properly), I would like to be further able to get rid of specific content such as the url of the file and the page 1 of x when I do a stanrd printout through the browser.

Anybody can help me on those 3 points ? BIG THX

Since I just spent a few months making my site by learning JoomLa and Fabrik on my own, sorry for my ignorance, but still want to learn -)

Thierry

Answering - partially - to myself:

adding tmpl=component to custom link has done the job of displaying only the relevant content with custom template.

But: wanted it to be in a new window, tried ajax indeed it generates a pop-up but not suited for what I want to do = print straight through the browser. tried target="_blank", no success did not change a iota to behavior, anybody any idea ?

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=16&rowid={rowid}&target="_blank"&tmpl=component

Last, to get rid of the little mentions like the URL on top and page numbering, I tried to change some print.CSS in my joomla template, did not work... Will try in my custom css template, but I seriously doubt this would have any effect since the bottom copyright etc are not part of my components.

Any idea welcomed...

I think Url and page numbering are browser settings, so up to the user.

To open the details view in a new window you can add a calc element creating the link with
return '<a href="your-details-link&tmpl=component" target="_blank">....';

Update, regarding printing, seems there is not much I can do from the web page itself, only option seems to be from the browser settings itself.

So all in one, I am basically done, my only problem is to be able to display in a new window since target = "_blank" seems uneffective.

Thx a lot Troester, had done my findings in // of your reply for print -)

Not too familiar with the calc method you're suggesting... Should I add a hidden element with calc plugin that I would name let's say 'urlpopup' and return into it the desired url, then tune the custom link into something like {urlpopup} ? Not tto sure about the syntax btw but just to understand the rationale.

Tx

No custom link.
Use the calc element to create the link you want, display the calc element in list view.

works like a charm... Can't figure out why it did not want to take it from custom link as well (I mean the target=_blank) ???
Anyway, at least I have a suitable workaround => Thank you troester, good trick

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back