Displaying a list of pre-selected choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranwilli

I couldn't find anything here which adresses my issue, if you know better, just give me the link, I'll hunt it down.

I'm building a website in Joomla 2.5 and Fabrik 3 for the managment of an agency which provides caregivers to the elderly who prefer to stay in their own homes, but need some help to manage daily living.

The agency has lots of clients who each has different needs, and lots of types of caregivers (Housekeeper/Companions; Personal Care; RN's and LPN, Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists among others). The clients families and their health care professionals decide what specific tasks need to be performed and how often the tasks need to be done.

The choices they make for services, and the times and frequencies they need the services are to be combined into a LIST called "Visit Model"

In the end, an agency staffer will use the form for "Visit Model" to select a client (from another list via dbjoin element), a "Service Group" (from another list via dbjoin element), start and end times and day(s) of the week for the visits (in date fields), and a caregiver (from another list via dbjoin element).

I have envisioned this form in a tabbed interface with all of the above choices on a tab.
Other tabs will display the client's address and a Google Map, the Caregiver's avatar, contact Info, and a BIO, and here's the toughie (for me, anyway):

I need to display the specific choices the family has made from a list of services. This would be like (and there would be a LOT more as well):

Light Housekeeping
Laundry Assistance
Meal Preparation
House Plant Care
Pet Care - Cat
Pet Care - Dog
Medications Reminders
Errand Assistance
Transportation in Client Car
Transportation in Care Staff Car
Bathing Assistance
Dressing Assistance
Eating Assistance
Toileting Assistance
Transfer - No Transfer
Transfer - more than 50% of Body Weight
Transfer - Gait Belt
Transfer - Hoyer Lift
Transfer - 2 person Lift

Maybe as a checklist? (some clients need nearly all, some only a few, some are mutually exclusive)...

Some clients need an RN for Wound Care, others not, etc.

The main thing is, I would want the detail view to show the selected items, or the checklist, not BE a checklist for someone to fill out.

Anyone have any ideas?

hi Sorry for the delay in replying

You would want I think to use the database join dropdown 'where' option to filter the options based on the customers selected services.

So say you have a lists:

services
====================================================
id -- primary key
label -- text field

customer_selected_services:
====================================================
id -- primary key
customer_id -- foreign key storing the customer's id (the Joomla user id for example)
service_id -- foreign key storing the selected service they need.

Then in your view model form is a database join element which selects records from the services table, and has this as as its where statement:

where {thistable}.id IN (SELECT id FROM Customer_selected_services WHERE customer_id = '{$my->id}')

The sub query gets an array of selected service ids, which then filters the main services list.

-=Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back