Dynamically Filtering List plugin in Form

Not sure how I should go about doing the following:

I have a Form with one element showing which is a Databasejoin element showing a filtered list of "Job" names with the select element's value as the job's ID.

Below this in the form's footer area I have a list plugin to show related items from this job - this items table has a parent_id column which relates to the Job's ID above.

Code:
{fabrik view=list id=20 libr8_quote_data_16_repeat___parent_id_raw=2}

(As you can see I have set the parent_id to a fixed value "2" just so I can see what the page looks like.)

What I can' t work out is how to actually filter the list plugin dynamically so that as the user changes the Job Title dropdown element, it updates the list plugin below so it only shows those items with the parent_id value of the selected Job. I can write javascript to detect onchange or blur but how do I actually tell the list plugin to update???

Screenshot from 2015-07-03 08:22:47.png

On the Fabrik demo site, this page does pretty much exactly what I am trying to achieve... Can someone explain what the relationship is between the fields in the "Search area" and the list below it? If I pick a Milestone or Project from the dropdown it filters the list below...

How is this done please? What is the Fabrik configuration?Screenshot from 2015-07-03 11:32:03.png

I think you are looking for the standard list filtering.
Edit you job element,in list settings/Filters select 'dropdown, then display your list directly.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back