Edit databasejoin element in a list

Good day
Is it possible to edit a databasejoin element in a list?
I explain

List A value "car"
List B value "person"
LIST C ... the union of the person and the car that rents will remain.

I would like that when I edit the list C… WHICH INCLUDES 2 DATABASEJOIN and to be able to change the car… Because for example… you need a larger vehicle…
It's possible??
I hope I have explained ...
If more details are needed ... I will try to detail the explanation.
Thank you!!!

If you mean editing databasejoin element in the list, then your only built-in option is inline editing plugin which works in some cases, but is unfortunately depreciated.

If you mean editing in the form, then there shouldn't be any problems with your setup if in LIST C you have first databasejoin element referring to LIST A and second one to LIST B.

Good
I'm referring to being able to modify list C ...
It allows me to modify all the elements of list C ... except the 2 elements databasejoin (car and name)
and I wonder if it is possible to change the car called "renault Clio" for a "toyota prius"
Let's see if it is possible to do it ...
if it were impossible ...
is there a possibility to duplicate the row ???
I hope I have explained ...
Thank you

Attachments

• databasejoin1.jpg
    databasejoin1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 65
If the NAME and CAR are databasejoin elements, they should be editable by default if you have access to the form. Check the access settings of these elements (are they set to match your access level).

If the NAME and CAR are databasejoin elements, they should be editable by default if you have access to the form. Check the access settings of these elements (are they set to match your access level).
Good…
I will try to explain myself better, to see if it is possible to do what I have in mind.
There is a table A with possible buyers
There is a table B with car models ...
There is a table C ... that I collect through a databasejoin, the buyer and the car model ... and then a series of elements, such as price, purchase date, contract ...
When I try to modify a data in table C ... all the values can be edited, but the values of the databasejoin, it does not allow me (buyer name and car model)
What would I have to do, so that by modifying table C ... I could change Albert's car, which is a FORD, for a TOYOTA.
I think and think ... and I can't figure out how to do it ...
Let's see if you can help me… thank you !!

PS .: Where can I verify the access configuration of these elements…? What do you tell me in your comment ...
I attach an image a little more explanatory
Thanks again…

Attachments

• databasejoin editar.jpg
    databasejoin editar.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 58
Edit your elements, check in "Access". You/your user must have "Edit" access. Default is "Public" but your screenshot (post #3) is showing readonly.
So somebody must have set this.
Or the databasejoins are in a group where Layout/"Show in form/details" is set to "Always readonly" (which is also not the default).

Edit your elements, check in "Access". You/your user must have "Edit" access. Default is "Public" but your screenshot (post #3) is showing readonly.
So somebody must have set this.
Or the databasejoins are in a group where Layout/"Show in form/details" is set to "Always readonly" (which is also not the default).
Good…
Ok ... I have verified that she was in "none" ...
I have changed it to "public" ... and if it can be edited,
but the way to edit ... is at the text level ...
What I would need is that the "databasejoin" be displayed with the values it contains ... (car models)
What parameter or option ... should I change, to display this drop-down ???
Be careful ... it is not viable, what I have in mind ...
By the way ... it's a big step for me ... thanks to your time ...
thanks

Attachments

• databasejoin2.jpg
    databasejoin2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 52
emmm
If it's a databasejoin it's a dropdown (the default "Render as" setting). You can set it also as radio list or autocomplete (select as you type), but the labels/values are not "editable", it's not "text".

Check in databasejoin element settings "data" tab that "render as" is "dropdown" and not "auto-complete".

Edit: Troester was faster suggesting the same thing while I was typing my post :)

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back